Procurement Heads has been retained on a greenfield procurement mandate by Pool Re.
Procurement Heads has been retained on a greenfield procurement mandate by Pool Re, the UK’s largest terrorism reinsurer, to recruit a Senior Procurement Manager (PCR 2015).
Set up in 1993 by the insurance industry in cooperation with the UK government, Pool Re is a commercial, entrepreneurial and unique business with one purpose: to protect (reinsure) UK commercial property against damage through acts of terrorism.
As part of a three-role, retained campaign, the Senior Procurement Manager (PCR 2015) will be one of the first hires in a newly created Commercial Services function, reporting to the Head of Procurement & Commercial Services and sitting within a team of three.
Working closely with the Head of Procurement & Commercial Services, you’ll help manage the business’ procurement portfolio across the whole gamut of direct and indirect spend, creating greater resilience across its £6.5bn fund and ensuring Public Contracts Regulations 2015 (PCR 2015) compliance.
In this role, you will lead on regulated PCR 2015 procurements, provide consultancy and support to the business on self-service threshold contracts, maintain the Commercial Framework and support the business on contract management.
To be considered, you’ll need strong PCR 2015 procurement experience; experience working in government, within an arms-length government body or a similar financial services/insurance business; and an interest in joining this unique business on the journey.
Culturally, there is a relaxed professionalism at Pool Re across a team of 35 with a flat structure and the ability to access/approach everyone in the business at all levels with ease.
The business hires highly capable, talented people and fosters a supportive culture of transparency and continuous improvement whereby everyone knows what everyone is doing, and everyone contributes.
With a contemporary, easy-to-access office in central London – above Monument tube station – which boasts impressive views of London Bridge and the Shard, the working pattern is flexible with most people office based two-to-three days a week and working remotely for the remainder.
As Senior Procurement Manager (PCR 2015) your key responsibilities will be:
- Working with the business to ensure adherence to procurement policy and best practices across the organisation, driving and developing the functional aspects of procurement
- Driving value for money and quality in the business’ procurement and commercial engagements and offering commercial support
- Delivery of regulated, strategic or high-value procurement activity
- Supporting the business in its contract management activity
- Working with specific teams in other areas and regions to develop procurement best practice
- Ensuring consistency in practice with the business areas
Skills and experience:
- Effective communication skills with the ability to build relationships at senior levels within the organisation, an excellent level of written English and the ability to distil data into succinct presentations
- Knowledge of, and experience with public sector sourcing requirements
- Experience running large RFP and procurement contract processes
- Desirable – Public Sector, Finance/Insurance sector experience
- Ideally, MCIPS qualified with a minimum of 3+ years of relevant procurement experience, preferably with exposure to public sector procurement
Benefits of the Senior Procurement Manager (PCR 2015) role include:
- Enhanced pension (9% employer; 6% employee)
- Income protection
- Professional membership subscription
- 25 days holiday
- Much more!