A well-renowned electrical retailer is looking to recruit a new Senior Procurement Manager (Marketing) to join its team.
The role requires a high performing professional who can take ownership of the category and work independently to produce great results.
The role will act as a strong number 2 in the HR, Corporate Services and Marketing Procurement team, enabling it to deliver an excellent stakeholder experience.
You will be solely strategically focused and embark on several exciting projects.
The immediate key projects you will lead are:
- Tender of its media, creative and production contracts (circa £65m annual spend) to be complete this financial year, i.e. end April ’23.
- Marketing Effectiveness – review the marketing measurement approach and identify opportunities to optimise, delivering the targeting savings in the FY23/24 plan
- Supplier Relationship Management of our incumbent media agency.
As Senior Procurement Manager you will be responsible for:
- Collaboration with senior stakeholders to drive maximum value from 3rd party suppliers:
- Identify and then execute a pipeline of savings opportunities across the category.
- Define the long-term relationship strategy with key Marketing partners, ensuring they become enablers of our strategic goals.
- Develop, deliver, and manage effective sourcing strategies in support of the business transformation and wider change agenda, ensuring ongoing value for money and the delivery of innovative procurement solutions to the company.
- Negotiate and contract for clear and certain delivery and commercial outcomes.
- Deliver on annual cost-saving targets against budgets in Marketing and across the wider group.
- Support category reporting, savings tracking, and spend data tracking.
- Utilize procurement systems to drive compliance of category spend to the companies procurement policies, including contract storage and sourcing process governance
The company is looking for a strong marketing procurement professional, however, being number two in this corporate services arm of the function, wider experience beyond marketing is very appealing.
The person will ideally come from a retail background, but as a minimum be able to translate their experience into the retail environment, understand the opportunities and be able to deliver considerable benefit.
While commercial acumen, for example brokering new deals, is of course part of this role, you will need to be able to interrogate category plans and drive the best value out of existing deals and work with stakeholders to actively consolidate and reduce its existing supplier count.
As Senior Procurement Manager your benefits will include:
- Salary of up to £75,000
- Up to a 30% bonus (pro-rata for in-year joiners – fiscal runs beginning of May to end April)
- 3%,4%,5% pension, which the company will match up to 10%
- 25 days holiday
- Single cover private medical insurance.
- Flexible rewards to suit lifestyle needs
- Digital GP
- Discounts online and in store
- Death in service: 4x base salary