In a time of change, with a brand-new corporate culture taking shape, this global technology player is seeking a new IT Procurement Leader to drive new bids, deals, IT hardware, software and telecoms across the enterprise.
This is an exciting time to join a well-respected and industry-leading business as it continues to grow its procurement capability globally. End-to-end category management is at the heart of this business’ procurements philosophy as they really look to continue to raise the profile of procurement. This role will report straight to the Director of Procurement in a well-established procurement team of more than 20 people.
Duties and Responsibilities:
As a member of the EMEA Procurement team, the Senior Procurement Manager will lead initiatives in the direct (non-core) categories (customer network equipment fulfilment and maintenance, customer services and solutions, professional services and customer related IT and hosting services) and will:
- Managing and developing complex supplier agreements and relationships across categories focusing on key strategic suppliers to understand performance and drive further improvements both commercially and operationally. Negotiating or renegotiating new and existing agreements or statements of work, where necessary, to secure the most competitive supply chain and price.
- Identifying and delivering cost reduction, cost avoidance and supplier rationalisation programs within those categories through thought leadership, spend analysis, market knowledge and analysis and supplier management
- Working closely with internal stakeholders including Service Delivery, Service Operations, Field Operations, Architecture and Engineering, Product Management, Sales, Professional Services and Finance
- Proactively reviewing supplier adherence to contractual terms and deliver resolution on difficult issues through effective negotiation
- Initiating and leading RFIs or RFPs and use other buying tools. Prepare scope documents, communication plans, and contract awards.
- Preparing and presenting business cases to stakeholders and senior management
- Being a subject matter expert on sub-category specific industry and competitive trends and provide focus on supplier initiatives
- Supporting cost savings and supplier performance measurements and reporting requirements
- Having a broad range of IT Category knowledge, particularly in Software, Hardware and Telecoms
- Good understanding of vendors, suppliers and commercial models for the Telecoms area
- Ability to influence senior stakeholders in the business and perhaps have people managed either virtually or directly
- Degree or equivalent is preferred but not essential
Procurement is at the forefront of this new-age thinking organisation and there is a lot of untapped spend for you and your team to get your hands around. So if you have solid end-to-end category management expertise within the IT Procurement area and looking for a new role where you can add true value to the organisation then we can’t wait to hear from you!