With a new CPO at the helm, this innovative Technology business with offices based in Basingstoke and London is seeking to appoint a Senior Procurement Manager to look after all of the IT spend for the EMEA region.
Having diversified their offering from pure telecommunications to technology solutions in general, this organisation requires someone who is well versed in procuring IT solutions and who has worked in the Technology sector ideally. The Procurement function partners with the business areas to understand business needs and through a Category based model provides strategic sourcing, asset management, negotiation, cost-management, risk-management, and on-going supplier relationship management.
Within the Global Procurement framework, the EMEA Procurement team partners with the EMEA regional business to lead and execute EMEA-specific procurement strategies and to provide regional focus to Global-led initiatives.
As Senior Procurement Manager you will:
• Build strong relationships with both internal customers and external vendors and coordinate and communicate company requirements across multiple business units.
• Lead initiatives in the direct (non-core) categories (customer network equipment fulfilment and maintenance, customer services and solutions, professional services and customer related IT and hosting services)
• Deliver against corporate initiatives related to cost reduction and cost avoidance, revenue improvement and growth
• Set complex category strategies and manage high visibility negotiations to meet objectives Proactively review supplier adherence to contractual terms and deliver resolution on difficult issues through effective negotiation.
• Initiate and lead RFIs or RFPs and use other buying tools. Prepare scope documents, communication plans, and contract awards.
• Prepare and present business cases to stakeholders and senior management.
• Be a subject matter expert on sub category specific industry and competitive trends and provide focus on supplier initiatives.
• Able to demonstrate the ability to deliver savings across several disciplines.
• Proven ability to work as a Business Partner, engaging with Senior Board members across several Business Areas.
• Procurement experience, specifically procuring in a telecom, network equipment, IT, software and high-tech category / commodity.
• Proven success in strategic procurement roles with several high value procurement projects and cost savings initiatives successfully delivered.
• Experience of successfully managing complex supplier relationships within a category environment and developing category-based strategies and plans.
• Experience of delivering strategic sourcing projects within a large/complex organisation.
• Strong relationship management skills with proven experience of working in partnership with business managers and stakeholders.
• Commercially astute with a clear understanding of building business cases and managing risk.
• Solid contract creation capability
• Strong commercial and contract negotiation skills and experience
• Familiarity with presenting business cases and project recommendations to senior stakeholders.
• Applies procurement thinking across categories.
• Exceptional communication skills.
• Willing to travel within Europe.
This is a great opportunity to join a growing business at the cutting edge of innovation. Please apply with an up to date CV today or call Hayley on 01962 869838 for more information