Procurement Heads is delighted to have taken on a retained search to recruit a Senior Procurement Manager (Generalist).
Procurement Heads is delighted to have taken on a retained search to recruit a Senior Procurement Manager (Generalist) by a leading procurement professional services organisation, dedicated to providing procurement solutions to the public sector.
With a stable and experienced senior leadership team, the business is in high demand and is looking to recruit a host of procurement positions across the enterprise, requiring dynamic individuals who can demonstrate public sector rigour with private sector agility.
This role will take a lead in the delivery and development of the strategy for the departments’ procurement team. This will include providing advice and guidance from a strategic development perspective, the realisation of annual savings targets and compliance with all relevant legislation.
Reporting to the Deputy Head of Procurement within an overall team of 31, the role will see you servicing two clients and will be a mixture of remote and office-based work, within its Hampshire office.
As Senior Procurement Manager (Generalist) your key responsibilities will be:
- Leading in all relevant internal and external meetings to raise the profile and improve service delivery of the procurement function
- Leading procurement process by delivering a portfolio of complex and high-value contracts
- Ensuring compliance with all relevant legislation, advising and supporting stakeholders in the processes required, identifying areas for future investigation and bringing the best value and quality outcomes of the participating clients
- Fostering close relationships with category and provider relationship managers to achieve results
- Forging open and transparent relations with all clients and providing specialist strategic procurement knowledge across a broad spectrum of commodity areas
- Taking responsibility for the purchase of goods by delivering a portfolio of complex and high-value contracts and developing new and innovative methods of evaluating tender returns to maximise value-added and savings opportunities for the client
- Producing OJEU advertisements, complex tender and contract documentation for an agreed portfolio of contracts.
- Negotiating with suppliers and user departments to ensure optimum value for money
- Working closely with user departments to ensure they produce complete, accurate and relevant specifications for goods and services
- Offering commercial/contractual advice and guidance to divisions for all goods and services as required
- Responsible for the day-to-day management of the strategic procurement team, taking responsibility for allocation of work, appraisals, training and assisting with recruitment and selection and discipline
- Leading tender adjudication meetings and supplier meetings (pre and post tender) acting as chairperson or secretary as required
- Taking an active role in the development and delivery of the annual procurement work plan implementing policy throughout the activity
- Identifying new areas (through data analysis) for contracting and work to successfully implement changes, clinical trials and R&D activities.
- Increasing purchase order expenditure managed by contracts
- Attending client-based review meetings, acting as the main support to the Procurement Manager for any detail and actions following
Skills and experience:
- Degree or equivalent plus senior specialist procurement knowledge and experience
- Qualified Chartered Institute of Purchasing & Supply Chain (MCIPS) or equivalent experience
- Senior specialist procurement knowledge and experience
- Expert knowledge of EU procurement and contract management
- Experience of competitive tenders/quotations
- Experience in a customer service environment
- Experience in public sector procurement
- Experience and training in contract management
- Significant experience of negotiating contracts in a large organisation and a track record of achieving significant cost reductions
- Commercially astute in leading on the development, negotiation and delivery of procurement projects
- Track record of achieving significant cost reductions
Benefits of the Senior Procurement Manager (Generalist) role:
- 27 days annual leave
- 20% pension (total contribution)
- Regular discounts