A public sector organisation is looking to recruit a Senior Procurement Manager to work within their capital and equipment space.
Procurement Heads is delighted to be working with an upstanding, public sector organisation that has recently undergone a huge transformation.
This organisation has just joined together three procurement functions across multiple sites in order to increase efficiency and standardisation.
This role will report to the Head of Capital & Equipment and you will be responsible for helping to strategise a work plan for the upcoming 2022/23 year as well as overseeing various projects from small-scale operations to multimillion pound constructions.
Your day-to-day responsibilities will include working on those projects as well as tendering, managing contracts, and ad hoc estates/facilities projects.
Ideally, you will come from a public sector background with specific experience in capital and infrastructure procurement. You should also be willing to hit the ground running and have the capacity to juggle several things at once.
- Act as the primary contact and source of expertise for category and procurement issues
- Contribute to key strategic and service decisions within the organisation and enable supporting solutions and strategies
- Define and execute individual (and cross, sub category) category plans based on end-user requirements and organisational needs
- To support the Head of Sourcing in the delivery of cost and efficiency savings across the organisation by analysing current spend information to develop in house and collaborative procurement strategies and work plans
- Engage with key end users, attend regular meetings where required to update your colleagues and raise the profile of the category and procurement department, process and policy
- Lead and manage a small team to deliver the local and collaborative procurement strategy and work plans
- Take a key role in the delivery of the collaborative procurement work plans across the organisation
- Continually check the market for Framework updates, new tenders, new products and services, market insights and risks and keep stakeholders advised
- Run a competitive process (against frameworks) including compiling service specifications, SLA and KPIs, benchmarking, leading evaluations and awarding & compiling contracts
Benefits of the Deputy Head of Sourcing roles include:
- 27 days holiday
- Hybrid working
This organisation operates a fully hybrid working policy with a typical pattern of two days at home and three days on-site.
Applications are welcome from candidates from both the private and public sector who have a desire to make a true difference.