Procurement Heads is delighted to be exclusively representing a FTSE250 financial services business to hire three Senior Procurement Managers.
The business provides a variety of financial products including consumer, car and property finance as well as savings and wealth management offerings.
They have established an excellent reputation in the market with an ethos based on building lasting relationships.
After restructuring, their procurement team is growing and they are looking for leaders to head up various business units.
All three roles will work with indirect spend including but not limited to HR, professional services, SaaS and facilities and have between 2-4 direct reports.
The procurement team has a strong voice in this business with fantastic support from the top-level meaning these roles are great opportunities to work on some really interesting projects.
An open-door culture is at the heart of the business and they pride themselves on differentiating from the ‘old-school’ corporate way of working. They operate a hybrid working model with a mix of remote and collaborative work in their London office.
Key responsibilities of the Senior Procurement Manager roles:
- Providing strategic leadership to the areas within its remit to ensure that value is optimised and risk mitigated in the end-to-end supply chain
- Ensuring a positive impact on the Business by driving awareness of the procurement function and ensuring compliance to frameworks
- Providing proactive thought leadership input and taking accountability for delivering the roadmap of business third party initiatives
- Leading sourcing, contract negotiations and renewals for the business’s most strategic, complex and critical third party arrangements
- Supporting the business within life relationship management where appropriate
- Owning issue resolution related to third party engagements within scope and point of escalation for direct reports – liaising with senior stakeholders as necessary
- Building and leading a team of high performing professionals, who work closely with the Group Functions to establish optimal third party relationships
- Recruiting, training and employing high calibre and culturally aligned employees within budget, headcount levels and temporary resource requirements
Key skills and experience for the Senior Procurement Manager roles:
- Experience in developing and embedding procurement frameworks
- Experience in building and leading high performing teams
- Experience in managing complex stakeholder environments, including adopting a business partnering approach
- Experience in strategic procurement or category management, with a proven record of optimising supplier relationships
- An understanding of SYSC 8 / Material Outsourcing, and other key regulatory obligations related to third party management
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to present to audiences of various size
- A strong track record of liaising with and influencing senior stakeholders at the highest levels of the organisation
- Strong analytical skills
- Commercial awareness and understanding of the Financial Services industry (desirable)
- Project management experience (desirable)
Benefits of the Senior Procurement Manager roles:
- £75-90,000 salary
- Private medical
- 10-25% Bonus
- 16% pension (5.6% employee/10.4% company)