One of the UK’s fastest-growing management consultancies is hiring Senior Procurement Consultants.
Procurement Heads’ Financial & Professional Services team has been retained by one of the UK’s fastest-growing management consultancies, which serves clients in the construction, infrastructure, and defence sectors.
Due to ongoing demand, it is recruiting Senior Procurement Consultants to join its growing team of specialists.
Frequently listed in the Financial Times as one of the top companies to work for, this management consultancy continues to see phenomenal demand and growth, and this owes largely its best-in-class strategic, end-to-end procurement delivery team.
Within this team, you’ll have the opportunity to work with an outstanding group of specialist consultants, advise major clients on large-scale/flagship projects and challenge yourself in a market-leading global business.
In addition, you’ll have further opportunities to travel both nationally and internationally to service and manage key commissions for its blue-chip client portfolio.
Your working pattern will be a mixture of remote, at one of the company’s many UK offices (London, Birmingham, Bristol, Leeds, etc.) and at one of its carefully selected client sites.
Consultancy background is not a prerequisite as the business hires on industry experience and attitude. So, if you have worked on complex procurement projects in the past and have thought about a move into consultant work, this may be the right role for you.
As Senior Procurement Consultant your key responsibilities will be:
- Providing specialist procurement strategy advice to public and private sector clients.
- Managing end-to-end procurement services on major construction/defence-related projects.
- Support the development of the procurement services provided by the business.
- Supporting business development and marketing of the procurement division.
- Supporting the delivery of both team and wider business targets.
- Supporting bid preparation and proposal documentation and supporting the work-winning capability of the procurement division.
- Leading and assisting with the development of contract sourcing and commercial strategies that reflect the needs of the business.
Skills and experience required:
- Experience in either Procurement, Contract Management or Contract Placement (Sourcing)
- Ideally a minimum of 6 years of commercial experience
- A strong commercial and business acumen
- Strong people and management skills
- Ability to quickly pick up new tasks and use own initiative
- Good communication skills both written and oral
- Single source/direct award procurements (Desirable).
- Awareness and understanding of procuring through a variety of procurement routes and in compliance with EU and UK procurement legislation (Desirable).
- A degree in Project Management, Commercial Management, Procurement & Supply Chain, Business Law or similar (Desirable)
- Hold a minimum of CIPS Level 4 Foundation Diploma (Desirable)
- Security Cleared (Desirable)
Benefits of the Senior Procurement Consultant role include:
- £60-70,000 salary
- £4,000 car allowance
- Private healthcare
- 5% matched pension
- 4x life assurance
- 24 days holiday