The business is highly respected in its field across the UK and as such is in a period of economic growth.
The mission of the procurement function within the organisation is to support the wider business in reaching its goals around cost savings, ESG and building strong supplier relationships.
As the Senior Procurement Administrator, you will be the driving force behind all procurement operations.
You’ll confidently handle all requests from business stakeholders and direct them to the appropriate channels, taking complete responsibility for procurement communications and helping to maintain procurement policy.
You will also maintain and create Power BI dashboards, ensuring that the relevant business users can access the correct data and suppliers can interact through engaging portals.
This role will be pivotal in managing the procurement process through PMO, mapping business stakeholders, tracking projects and savings, and onboarding procurement employees with the creation of a procurement handbook.
This role will suit someone with procurement administration experience, knowledge of procurement systems and analytics and the ability to build strong working relationships.
The business is flexible regarding working patterns but will look for you to be present in their London office for one day a week.
- Guide stakeholders in correct buying channels and ensure policy compliance.
- Update policies with the latest requirements.
- Manage communications and training plans for process changes.
- Assist category management and buyers in day-to-day activities.
- Support procurement transformation programs.
Daily Procurement Management:
- Maintain and update procurement policies.
- Manage the contract repository, ensuring correct metadata standards and version control.
- Review and update vendor contracts against timelines.
- Ensure completion of risk and vendor due diligence updates.
- Maintain and update procurement and legal templates on SharePoint.
- Assist procurement business lead and manage procurement mailbox.
- Support the Head of Procurement in creating Power BI reports.
Supporting eSourcing Strategies:
- Define procurement metrics and KPIs for regular reporting.
- Act as the escalation point for the procurement process.
- Initiate follow-up calls with suppliers for risk and due diligence.
- Ensure compliance with policies.
- Identify updates to procedures and guidelines.
- Maintain professional relationships with suppliers.
Key Technical Knowledge:
- Execute procurement transactions and handle operational change.
- Understand transactional procurement systems, master data, and identify value-creation opportunities.
- Quickly grasp new technology and develop solutions.
- Map existing processes using tools like Visio.
- Excel and data analysis skills.
- Apply contracting policies and processes.
- Understand procurement processes and buying channels.
Key Behaviours and Attitudes:
- Analytical, critical thinker, and highly resilient.
- Takes initiative with a “can do” attitude.
- Proven ability to multitask and react to fast turnarounds.
- Target-oriented executioner with a big-picture understanding.
- Demonstrates a collaborative and inclusive approach.
- Takes leadership responsibility and provides enablement and advice.
- Organized in workload and prioritization.
- Effective communication within and across teams.
- Transparent, genuine, and fair with the highest degree of personal and professional integrity.
Benefits of the Senior Procurement Administrator role:
- Up to £46,500 salary
- Health Insurance
- Life Assurance
- Other great added benefits