Procurement Heads' Financial & Professional Services team's been retained on a new Senior IT Procurement Consultant role at IT Asset Alliance (ITAA).
Procurement Heads has been retained on a new Senior IT Procurement Consultant mandate by IT Asset Alliance (ITAA), a growing global technology advisory firm, headquartered in Reading.
ITAA is a joint venture and managed service provider (MSP) focused predominantly on software licensing, software asset management (SAM), IT advisory, IT strategy and IT transformation, and it is led by three entrepreneurial partnering directors with the rest of the business comprising consultants, senior consultants and PMOs.
Due to ongoing demand across the globe, ITAA is now looking to appoint a heavy-hitting Senior IT Procurement Consultant to work with its clients and take ownership of several high-profile accounts, helping them navigate from a procurement perspective through major IT transformation programmes.
To be considered for this mandate, you’ll need to be a polished and slick presenter capable of engaging with demanding stakeholders/difficult suppliers at the highest level combined with possessing a comprehensive background across the whole gamut of technology/IT procurement with the ability to see and seize opportunities through business development.
The role will see you providing advice to clients across the technology sourcing and IT transformation lifecycle from sourcing strategy, operating model development, procurement and transition, to post-deal services and contract-value assurance.
In return, you’ll get to work in a truly meritocratic environment and be rewarded through commission and bonuses for the value you add and bring to the business as well as the opportunity to head up a function and build a team around you.
The business is highly entrepreneurial with a flat structure, giving its employees the ability to work autonomously – both in terms of working pattern, location and how they manage their diaries – and this role will play a key role in its future growth and the realisation of its ambition.
Headquartered in Reading, staff are encouraged to come into the office for collaboration purposes, but the role will offer flexibility with the opportunity to work from home and on client sites, both domestically and internationally.
As Senior IT Procurement Consultant your key responsibilities will be:
- Leading the development of proposed operating models, sourcing strategies, roadmaps, implementation plans and robust business cases for the functional areas of IT and transformational change programmes
- Assisting clients through the supplier selection process through to procurement and contract signature
- Leading the development of planned service scope, service levels and establishing the contract and service delivery governance framework for future state operations.
- Supporting the client through the service transition and IT operating model transformation process. Taking on key roles overseeing and managing transformation and transition activities
- Leading post-contract governance activities including the design of the retained organisation and transition to new ways of working
- Conducting value assurance reviews of existing service agreements
Skills and experience:
- Strong knowledge of the content of IT outsourcing contracts, best practices in this area and the process for negotiating a sourcing contract
- Demonstrable knowledge of how technology sourcing and operating models need to adapt because of the impact of recent technology changes such as, but not restricted to, Cloud, Agile or Automation
- Experience in system selection, primarily ERP or finance systems
- Strong understanding of the IT Function of a large organisation
- Strategic IT Procurement experience in any of the following:
- Industry: sourcing or procurement experience, working in a FTSE 250 organisation
- Service provider: experience in a service provider environment, typical roles might include Service Delivery Manager, Transition Manager or Solution Manager.
- Consultancy: experience in IT/Sourcing/Service Management.
- Degree educated (MCIPS or MBA desirable)
Benefits of the Senior IT Procurement Consultant role include:
- Basic salary: circa £80,000, depending on experience
- Pension plan: 5% employer, 3% employee
- Annual bonus: > 10% based on company performance
- Commission: Sales commission structure based on lead and sale, existing customer vs new customer
- Annual leave: 23 days with the option to either buy or sell 3 days of holiday