This company is renowned for its tech innovations in the sector and has seen the CIO win awards to that effect.
Following a restructure of the team we are supporting on the recruitment of a new Senior IT Contracts Manager. Reporting to the Procurement & Commercial Manager, your role will be to manage 3 key strategic partnerships (Amazon Web Services being one) as well as implement an SRM framework and work across the IT Category team on key projects that require contractual input. This role is currently being performed by IT and the team recognise the importance of Procurement managing this moving forward.
What will good look like in this role?
- Established stakeholder relationships.
- Contract/scope – understand what the partners deliver.
- Establish a transition plan for an SRM framework taking it out of IT and into Procurement.
- Understand who key suppliers are, how they are being managed and categorised and what the plan is moving forwards.
- Delivery of supplier facing feedback. How do the key suppliers view the business?
- Cost optimisation within existing contracts/leakage.
- New opportunities pipeline.
As Senior IT Contracts Manager your principal responsibilities will include:
- Understand the importance of developing relationships with main suppliers/contractors and liaise with points of contact on a project(s) / contract(s).
- Work with Category Managers and Procurement Officers (Strategic and Shared Service Centre) to ensure the best approach is taken in sourcing goods, works or services
- Liaise with peers to review best practice, lessons learned etc.
- Comply with all safety policies and procedures, promote safety and safe working practices both internally and externally to improve safety performance.
- Support the Lead IT Category Manager and IT Procurement and Commercial Manager in providing a world class procurement and commercial service to internal customers.
- Support the implementation of supply chain cost reduction opportunities and improvements in the Procurement and Commercial process.
- Provide commercial support to the IT Category Managers and Strategic Procurement Officers in the development and execution of sourcing events as required to support projects including the review of sourcing strategies, providing quotes, preparing bills of materials, analysing submissions, supporting tender interviews and review of contract award recommendations.
- Conduct sourcing events, procuring at lowest cost of ownership and in accordance with the principle of efficiency and best value. This includes supporting areas such as commercial, business and legal project risks in contracts and negotiation terms and conditions to maximise ongoing value for money throughout the lifetime of the contract.
- Compile, negotiate and award Call Off Contracts in accordance with terms and provisions of Agreements. Provide support when interfacing with suppliers/contractors and internal stakeholders, understanding process to maximise value for money with awareness of suitable commercial controls to mitigate any potential risks.
- With support from the Contract Manager, manage post contract commercial matters including negotiating/agreeing compensation events and ensuring that the core principles of the Commercial Manual are being implemented.
Skills and experience needed for this role:
You will ideally be IACCM qualified and have worked within a regulated industry although this is not mandatory as the role would equally support someone who is CIPS qualified and wanting a broader commercial role.
- Understanding of the financial aspects and implications of projects.
- Aware of the commercial impact of decisions and the implications on procurement processes.
- Highly numerate with experience of interpreting numerical data
- Experience of drafting and interpreting commercial contracts
- Understanding of the supply chain and how to improve it.
- Sufficient management skills to stand-in for manager if required.
- Highly developed drafting and writing skills.
- IT skills including Word, Excel, Power Point, Oracle Purchasing Systems.
- Managing a portfolio of 3rd party related spend £10m and individual contract values of £2m+.
- Contract and commercial senior negotiator.
- Sourcing management/support.
- Cost and budget management.
- Payment & expenditure management.
- Experience of using procurement related systems e.g. Oracle, Emptoris .
How to apply for the Senior IT Contracts Manager role:
To discuss the Senior IT Contracts Manager role in more depth please contact Rahim Ali Ahmad at Procurement Heads by emailing your CV to email@example.com or call +44 7387 102095. Enquiries are all handled confidentially.