Procurement Heads are partnering with one of the largest emergency services organisations in the UK to assist with a large procurement transformation, hiring a Senior IT Category Manager
As part of that, we’ll be looking to appoint multiple roles into the newly created permanent team, alongside a Senior Category Manager for ICT. The role will touch upon all aspects of procurement from contract management, through to supply chain, governance, and analysis. It is a great opportunity for someone to put their own unique stamp on the role, and help to drive the continuous improvements and changes across the wider procurement team.
About the role
You’ll be the leading member of the Procurement department, responsible for managing procurement activity and providing procurement advice to client departments in compliance with both the UK and EU legislation.
In addition, you’ll be responsible for mentoring a small team and work within the aims of improving service delivery and value for money, in support of the Procurement Department’s wider objectives.
Key responsibilities of the role will include:
- Leading on multiple high risk and complex procurement activities
- Develop good working relationships with existing and potential suppliers
- Manage supply chain risks collaboratively by developing performance measures and incorporating them within contracts
- Undertake contract negotiations and contract management
- Maintain an awareness of government policies, strategies and good practice
- oversee and manage the forward programme of procurements in conjunction with the other Heads of Category (Procurement).
We’re looking for your experience to include
- Previous responsibility of leading the strategic direction of IT
- Previous experience of managing small teams
- Public sector experience including knowledge of OJEU/PCR 2015 would be advantageous but is not essential
- Experience of undertaking research from a range of supply chain sources and developing robust procurement strategies
- Ability to demonstrate good negotiation and influencing skills is essential.
In return, the benefits of the role include
- Annual salary of £63-67,000
- Company pension contribution of up to 8.5%
- Season Ticket Loans
- 26 days annual leave + bank holidays and additional optional leave days under the Absence Scheme
- Flexible working
- Hybrid policy (2x days in the office)