A world-renowned retail group that has exciting growth plans within its Procurement function is recruiting a Senior IT buyer to support its strategic vision for its IT category. This organisation employs innovative and creative people within the retail industry to ensure that the procurement team delivers excellence across the enterprise.
As Senior IT Buyer your key responsibilities will be:
- Responsible for Category Management relating to the purchase of Group Technology systems and services. Typical tasks include – sourcing definition/oversight of sourcing initiatives, influencing the supplier selection process, leading & supporting negotiation of commercial terms to ensure maximum value is derived, commercial point of contact (POC) for key supplier relationships, formulation of overall category strategy, working with key stakeholders to define sourcing strategies/initiatives, deliver training and guidance to the business around best-in-class approach(s) to procurement
- Contribute to the overarching Purchasing strategy and provide support to the Purchasing Leadership team
- Facilitate the contracting process between Legal and the relevant Business Department
- Hold regular review meetings with key suppliers and extract further value from the supply chain through inbound/outbound information management relating to; supplier performance, market insights, company product/service life-cycles and strategy, innovation, and continuous improvement opportunities
- Understand the general Technology and Retail markets and carry out appropriate market analysis to uncover potential suppliers, improved specifications and identify opportunities to create greater value for the Business.
- Contribute to the annualised Purchasing cost saving target, ensuring maximum leverage and total cost of ownership is minimised, and any third-party supply risks are managed/mitigated
To succeed as a Senior IT Buyer you will require the following skills and experience:
- IT Purchasing Professional with 3+ years’ experience, preferably in a medium-large size company with a spend of £50-100m+
- CIPS level 4 and above is advantageous but not essential. CIPS sponsorship is available.
- Well-rounded and personable, capable of networking with colleagues in order to participate successfully in cross functional teams
- Trustworthy with high ethical and moral standards
- Resilient and thrives in a fast paced, rapidly diverse and changing landscape
- A commercial/procurement specialist who can work in an independent, self-directed manner as well as within teams
- Able to establish robust working relationships with colleagues across the business
- Proficient in procurement processes such as sourcing initiatives/business case development, category /supplier/ relationship/ contract management, procure to pay (P2P), and source to contract (S2C)
- A respected agent of change, with the ability to identify, define and deliver ‘future state’ to a realistic plan
- Able to spot commercial opportunities and manage risk to support organisational plans
- Skilled in planning, executing and implementing negotiated benefits with both stakeholders and suppliers.
Benefits of the role include:
- £45-50,000 basic salary
- 25% staff discount across all brands within the group
- Generous holiday with holiday trading
- Early finish summer hours
- Flexible working hours
- Regular team and company social events
- Pension scheme
- Company bonus scheme
- Interest free season ticket loan
- Access to regular sample sales
To discuss the Senior IT Buyer role in more depth, please contact Joe Sewell at Procurement Heads by emailing your CV to email@example.com or call +44 (0) 7824 045203 | +44 (0) 1962 869838. Enquiries are all handled confidentially.