The Industrial team at Procurement Heads is recruiting a Senior Electronics Buyer for a leading electronics manufacturer.
This is an opportunity to join an energetic forward-thinking organisation which manufactures various electronic goods which are used in the healthcare industry.
This role will work within a team of 4 with future growth opportunities and the option to be sponsored to achieve CIPS Chartership should you choose.
There is also a clear path to management within this role and an opportunity to define and develop the category offering within the organisation.
You will also be responsible for the mentorship and development of an apprentice.
As the Senior Electronics Buyer, you will be responsible for:
- Implementing cost-saving strategies
- Managing stock levels through their MRP system
- Sourcing and procuring electronic components in line with business requirements
- Setting up agreements with strategic suppliers in order to maximise continuity of supply whilst minimising liability
- Negotiating the lowest total cost of acquisition across all purchasing spend by rationalising suppliers and consolidating spend
- Negotiating the best possible payment terms
- Supporting the technical department in new product development
- Managing suppliers performance
- Establishing a new supplier selection process
- Ensuring raw materials are received on time and at the specified quality levels
Benefits of the role:
- 25 days annual leave (increasing to a maximum of 30 days)
- Life assurance
- Contributory pension scheme
- Free on-site parking
- CIPS Training
This company is looking for bright and motivated individuals with a background in electronics purchasing.