An award-winning procurement management consultancy with huge growth and a genuine meritocratic work environment is looking to appoint a Senior Consultant from an industry or consulting background to join its high-performing team.
You could work in a range of client scenarios ranging from complete procurement overhaul down to ‘start-up mode’ procurement functions and your support will typically be across a range of indirect category areas.
The organisation is London based so the expectation later on in the year you would need to work 1-2 days a week in the office as well as remote working and on client site when needed.
As Senior Consultant your key responsibilities will be:
- Managing/coordinating delivery of one or more projects/workstreams to deliver client benefits within tightly defined deadlines
- Meeting with clients and stakeholders to define project requirements Structuring and leading strategy workshops, writing and presenting client reports and relevant project documentation
- Developing and implementing improved processes
- Managing key client relationships to ensure effective project delivery
- Working with other key third-party organisations, including suppliers
- Leading supplier negotiations
- Identifying and developing new business opportunities
- Supporting other teams in sharing best practice and technical/market knowledge.
- Senior Consultants will typically be responsible for managing others and will have wider managerial responsibilities than at the Consultant grade
Skills and experience:
- Category knowledge: Generalist procurement/sourcing experts in indirect procurement. P2P process and implementation knowledge would be a bonus
- Industry experience: Consulting background desirable but not essential. Blue-chip procurement background (retail industry desirable)
- Skills: strong analytical background, commercially astute, ability to work autonomously in unpredictable environments
Benefits of the Senior Consultant role include:
- Up to £65,000
- 15% bonus
- Matched pension
- 25 days holiday
How to apply:
To discuss the Senior Consultant role in more depth please contact James Dobbin at Procurement Heads by emailing your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07785 622635 | +44 (0) 1962 869838. Enquiries are all handled confidentially.