For more than a century, this organisation has been trusted to deliver engineering services across the UK and globally.
Helping customers maximise their capability, reliability, and availability in critical assets across four market sectors.
Working as part of the Defence Systems Technology, in a team of 1500 strong, you will work on a range of exciting designs, manufacture and support projects spread across the UK and internationally.
You will take a hands-on approach making pivotal changes through the managing of existing contracts, undertaking negotiations and pricing activities. You will aid the company in its mission while supporting its tender and organic growth activities in every aspect you embark on.
This is a Business Unit that has an MD with a clear vision and strategy, supported by a brand-new Supply Chain Director with a clear track record of delivery.
The role offers a wide variety of development and personal growth opportunities. You will not be afraid of responsibility; you can challenge the norm/raise the bar, and you can work collaboratively with project teams, stakeholders, and partners to achieve the best commercial position possible.
The role would suit somebody who is working for a large Defence organisation and who is used to delivering against large scale, complex, long term programmes.
As Senior Commercial Officer you will be expected to:
- Provide contract management and governance support to project teams
- Undertake negotiations and pricing activities in support of organic or new growth opportunities
- Support their growth aspirations by working as part of opportunity teams
- Work collaboratively with our customers and projects teams to support the development
- Create innovative and pragmatic commercial solutions in a dynamic environment
- Act as the commercial point of contact for all queries from the project team – every day is different there!
Skills and experience needed for this role:
- Ideally be degree qualified (or equivalent) in Engineering, Business, Law, Accountancy, but not essential.
- Functional qualifications achieved or would be willing to work towards. This may include Membership of Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (MCIPS), International Association for Contract and Commercial Management (IACCM) or Post Graduate Certificate in Commercial Management (PGCCM)
- This role requires someone for whom collaboration and working in partnership comes naturally!
- We need someone who will bring big ideas and solve complex problems with simple and elegant solutions.
- A driven individual who wants to make a positive impact daily.
- Someone courageous who will continuously champion high performance, challenge the status quo, and speak up when we need to do better.
- Someone with an aptitude to navigate change easily, who is curious about what the future holds and always seek to learn new skills will thrive in this role.
- Someone who is as committed as we are to building an enjoyable and supportive culture, actively seeking out and valuing different perspectives.
- Someone with experience of managing and understanding contracts in matrix organisations across industry – defence experience would be desirable but not essential
- Someone who is commercially driven and can support commercial innovation with a good business awareness of customers and competitors
- Someone who understands and has experience in the creation of proposals
- Someone who able to thrive under pressure and meet deadlines critical to their mission
- Experience in project management and prioritising deliverables to independently manage concurrent and multiple business change projects and day to day operations simultaneously.
Defence customer facing experience is a must and MOD experience with supplier side would be highly sought after. If you have experience pre or post contract award or even cradle to grave in a defence organisation handling complex contracts, please apply today.
How to apply:
To discuss the Senior Commercial Officer in more depth please contact Rahim Ali Ahmad at Procurement Heads by emailing your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 7387 102095. Enquiries are all handled confidentially.