An industry-leading defence company is recruiting a new Senior Commercial Officer to join their high performing team.
The company’s main customer is the MOD and you will work across their maritime division managing huge contracts on large CAPEX and infrastructure projects such as the construction of naval vessels, submarines, and others alike.
Very little time will be spent drafting in this position and instead you will be managing the lifecycle of multi-million-pound contracts looking at long term strategies and working in conjunction with project managers.
As Senior Commercial Officer you will be responsible for:
- Supporting the Commercial Manager by taking responsibility for the preparation of quotations and proposals, while also managing your on bids and contracts
- Support to Supply Chain in the preparation of sub-contract terms and conditions as required
- Negotiation of proposals with potential customers and ensuring that this results in acceptable business agreements and contracts
- Working with the internal legal team and external legal advisors as required to ensure all contracts have the necessary legal input/governance
- Ability to follow up activities to ensure inputs from others are received and progressed to conclusion
- Working as a consultant to your customer, understanding their requirements through research, open discussion and candid clarification questions
- Ability to work unsupervised and provide solutions for management consideration
Are you someone who has previously dealt with defence contracts or comes from a heavily commercially focussed role; are you someone that has excellent time management skills and cross-function between a multitude of projects; are you a driven individual that wants to take ownership of their desk?
If so you may be the perfect candidate for this position.