A leading automotive business has a rare opportunity for a Senior Category Manager to join and lead a small team within their procurement department and be responsible for their Technology and Digital categories. The business work with their procurement team to deliver procurement excellence and high value across all projects.
Reporting directly to the Head of Procurement who shares a passion and dedication to pushing boundaries, your voice will be heard as you are encouraged to challenge and think “outside the box”.
As a Senior Category Manager for Technology & Digital, you will take responsibility for all related spend, supporting your colleagues on other spend categories where required. You will be working at all levels across the business up to the Executive level in managing the end to end procurement process on their assigned initiatives.
Looking after a small, motivated and professional team you will be a part of something integral to the success of the company. You will, in line with Company and Procurement policy, process the category of expenditure, to deliver a high standard of service to the stakeholders. The role will involve regular travel to London to uphold strong relationships with stakeholders and maintain a successful operation.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? Here’s some more background for you…
As Senior Category Manager your key responsibilities will be:
- Lead in the development of your category through strong leadership, stakeholder management and delivery of best value agreements
- Working with the Head of Procurement and relevant business Directors to deliver a long-term Category vision, with a clear strategy and operating plan, supporting Procurement’s objectives, business strategy, and its priorities and improving the measurable contribution of the team to business performance
- Using Category insight and analysis (spend data, tools, and processes) to create a category plan to socialise and agree with all relevant stakeholders
- Negotiate with suppliers to provide value for money and business benefit to the company, including innovative proposals, execution of agreements that manages the Group’s risk appropriately and are in alignment with business needs
- Ownership of end-to-end Procurement cycle including preparation of pre-tender, tender documents, tender execution, contract negotiation, and contract award
- Develop effective relationships and collaborative working styles with key stakeholders
- Ownership and management of strategically important supplier relationships within the category
- To undertake other duties within your capabilities as Head of Procurement may assign to you from time to time
- Contribute to Procurement’s Supply Risk Register within category and ensure that risk assessments are applied to all sourcing decisions
Skill and experience required:
- In-depth knowledge of commercial and contract management trends in the Digital Technology and/or Broadcasting markets to apply best practice to supplier engagement and management
- Ability to draft and interrogate specifications, statement of works, etc. and negotiate contracts with external third parties
- Category management track record within an organisation using industry best practice tools and processes
- Ability to influence and drive behavioral change both internally and with the supply chain
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and stakeholder management skills supported by strong written and presentation styles
- Working knowledge of P2P systems
- To be self-motivated, work under own initiative and as part of a team
- Substantial procurement experience at a senior level position within a demanding environment, Digital Technology or Broadcasting experience preferred
- Direct Line management experience (preferable) / indirect coaching experience (essential)
- Educated to degree level and/or MCIPS (or equivalent experience)
Benefits of the Senior Category Manager role include:
- Competitive salary
- Bonus scheme
- Enhanced pension scheme option
- Private healthcare
- Income protection benefit
- Access to corporate discount schemes
- 25 days holidays plus bank holidays
- Annual free tickets to major televised events
To discuss the Senior Category Manager role in more depth please contact Cameron Carter at Procurement Heads by emailing your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0) 7552 244230| +44 (0) 1962 869838. Enquiries are all handled confidentially.