Looking for your next career move in Procurement in Hampshire? Wanting to stretch yourself and work in an innovative, dynamic, greenfield role? Have evidence of setting category strategies and sustainable value for partners? If these statements speak to you, then please read on.
This organisation is a world leader, known for their ability to do things differently as much for their distinctive brand and quirky advertising. In this role you will have an international remit and be accountable for sourcing a portfolio of services with an annual spend of between c.£50m-£100m.
Leading the development, implementation and ongoing management of procurement category strategies at a group-wide level for a portfolio of services you will develop strategies and tactics for procurement categories and initiatives, providing thought leadership. The key will be in identifying, creating and implementing initiatives to maximise value and ensure ongoing management of supplier contracts and relationships.
The business has thought long and hard about the scope of the role and some of the edited highlights are below:
- Takes a lead role with stakeholders (functional, procurement and supplier), defines and implements effective category strategies to deliver a programme of transformation and risk mitigation; obtaining buy-in at each necessary step of the process
- Ensures value for money by constantly challenging the balance between cost, risk and service
- Routinely shares best practices and learning across categories, geographies and teams
Sourcing of Goods and Services
- Leads an appropriate sourcing process (including planning, defining business needs, assessing supply market, defining strategy, execution, supplier selection and contracting) that delivers the right level of service and commercial outcomes
- Supports business in ensuring suppliers priorities and capacities are aligned, identifies options, risks and mitigations
- Secures formal stakeholder approvals for supplier selection recommendations as required
- Leverages changes in supply market and demand conditions to deliver innovative services and commercial solutions
- Identifies and implements opportunities to improve service and reduce costs by challenging and continuously improving the what, how, when, where and why goods and services are purchased
Still interested – I’m not surprised. So, they’ll want you to have some of the following skills to bring to the organisation:
- Subject matter experts in category management, sourcing, procurement-led change and contract management
- At least three to five years’ experience in direct and indirect leadership including the development, coaching and performance management of team members. Experienced in managing complex, senior stakeholder relationships
- Recognised expert in each aspect of the procurement lifecycle and professional procurement best practices
If you’re looking to take the next step in your procurement career, then this greenfield role could be just the opportunity you’ve been looking for. Please send you CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01962 869 838 for a confidential chat.