An ambitious growth project is underway at an exciting Research and Education organisation in Hampshire, creating new opportunities for 2 Senior Category Managers in Estates & Laboratory.
Due to significant investment and new business endeavours within Property, infrastructure and research, the post-holder will lead the procurement of a specific major category of spend demonstrating measurable efficiencies and developing flexible and creative solutions with high standards of operation and corporate governance.
- To develop and lead the procurement related strategy of specific major category of spend across the organisation
- Responsible for production, maintenance and implementation of effective category plans and approaches, reporting on progress towards target efficiencies
- Manage the resultant contracts and suppliers as part of the agreed categories to ensure best value and continuous improvement and monitoring of the supply chain
- As the category expert, the post holder is responsible for providing expert advice and guidance on legislation and regulations relating to procurement and best practice in relation to category management
- Develop flexible and creative solutions whilst ensuring a consistent team approach with high standards of operation and corporate governance
- Lead relevant high value and complex procurement projects, by undertaking sourcing & tendering activity in full compliance with Public Procurement Regulations
- Research assigned category areas, identifying movements in price and new suppliers in the market. Continually improve and track any market changes in strategic sourcing plans
Skills & Experience:
- Demonstrable work experience delivering complex procurement projects within a category management approach
- Experience developing and delivering Category Wave plans, demonstrating substantial activity from stakeholders
- Procurement governance best practice, leading practice processes for sourcing, supplier management and Category Management
- Awareness of Public Contract Regulations. OJEU or relevant procurement legislation
- Willingness to work within a larger team, implementing streamlined long-term strategy in line with organisational requirements
If you are interested in finding out more please contact Tom on 01962 869838 or click “apply”.