This was an industry that was heavily affected by the pandemic, but now that the turbulence has cleared the sector is flying and this company is investing heavily in procurement.
Procurement has been at the forefront of driving supply-chain value during the last few years for the company, whether it’s been rightsizing operational services during Covid or driving Aviation’s Carbon-Zero agenda.
Never has there been a better time to join this company as they build back stronger and better.
As a Senior Category Manager, reporting to the Head of Procurement, you’ll be responsible for leading the procurement agenda for the marketing team, working with the company’s technology and commercial functions.
You’ll work closely with stakeholders delivering business priorities, identifying new opportunities that continuously deliver value to the business, creating robust sourcing strategies and managing risk through your contracting and effective supplier relationships.
Relationship building and business partnering is paramount to the success of this role. You will need to establish a fantastic relationship with the marketing, tech and commercial teams and consequently requires someone with the gravitas and expertise to engage and influence.
You will be managing complex projects and contracts and someone with experience dealing with dev ops/agile contracts would be favoured.
As Senior Category Manager you will be responsible for:
- Leading category pipeline of digital/technology and marketing procurement activities
- Developing new innovative strategies using creative commercial models, market-leading technology and trends to drive a competitive edge
- Leading end-to-end strategic sourcing activities including valid evaluation criteria for large value, complex spend areas
- Challenging business plans to ensure the robustness of an approach that maximises commercial opportunity and mitigates risk
- Engaging with the external market for procurement matters e.g. new commercial models, market shifts, new product offerings, innovation and trends; bringing back best practices and leading initiatives to embed them within the operations
- Ensuring the delivery through compliance with regulations but to also encourage the sourcing staff to always adopt the most commercially sensible approach
- Leading processes for supplier management, performance management, benefits and savings and continuous improvement targets whilst meeting all contract, regulatory and exit strategy requirements
- Coaching business owners of contracts in their day-to-day accountabilities, driving supplier performance so as to meet business objectives
- Encouraging innovation to ensure that the focus is on adding value, not simply adherence to the process
Benefits of the role include:
- Salary of up to £75,000
- £4k car allowance
- 25% bonus
- Double pension contributions
- 25 days leave
- Share save scheme