A fabulous opportunity has arisen as part of a reorganisation of an entire Procurement Team and a merger of three organisations.
As a result, there is an opportunity to be part of a centralised Procurement Function that has been restructured in a way that allows more control and a chance to implement better processes across all categories.
Based in either Southampton or Basingstoke, this organisation is looking for someone to head up, lead, manage and deliver savings for all indirect categories.
There will be team management of three Procurement Managers who have a complimentary, tailored set of categories and there will also be a chance to lead on an IT transformation project.
Responsibilities of the Senior Category Manager role:
- Contract Management – the ability to manage multiple contracts to ensure the best value for money high service levels
- People Management – the ability to manage, influence and lead people who may or may not be direct reports
- Ability to manage a high level of workload, multiple complex programmes and projects
- Senior specialist commercial/industry experience in purchasing and supply in a senior management role
- Experience of supplier relationship management
- Significant senior level with a proven track record of negotiating contracts and managing the competitive tendering process
Skills and experience required:
- To develop and lead the procurement strategic sourcing programme for defined categories, taking the lead and contributing significantly to the delivery of allocated procurement projects
- Act as client lead for high-value projects and sourcing programmes, managing the project through tendering process to contract signatures
- In conjunction with stakeholders, review products, catalogues and suppliers
- Continually seek new and innovative services and products and introduce to stakeholders. Continually improve the quality of services and bring in new business.
- Support the Head of Procurement in the development and implementation of policies and procedures within the department
- Ensure the successful use of all procurement related systems to achieve an efficient and effective working environment and a reduction in wasteful practices. To cover such things as, PO System, E-Tendering, Spend Analytics, Benchmarking, Contract Management etc.
- Work with collaborative partners and suppliers to ensure cohesive strategies are in place for the delivery of products and services, standardisation of services etc
- 7-10+ years of Procurement experience
- Category Management in an Indirect Category
- A proven record of savings made
- Spend Managed of £100m
In applications, we will be looking for:
- Achievements – proof of savings made, spend managed, the results from projects solely led
- IT procurement experience is desirable but not necessary
- Public sector experience is desirable but not necessary
- Hands-on Category Management
- Skills related to influencing stakeholders
- An interest in looking at categories in a more creative way
- Drive and enthusiasm
- Able to identify personal development needs
Benefits of the Senior Category Manager role:
- Up to £51,000
- Great pension scheme
- Holiday allowance
- Travel required
How to apply:
To discuss the Senior Category Manager role in more depth please contact Chizoba Uzuegbunam at Procurement Heads by emailing your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07393 140 509 | +44 (0) 1962 869838. Enquiries are all handled confidentially.