Do you want to stamp your mark on a function and work with a highly experienced leadership team? Does working for an incredibly well-known brand that hasn’t focused on its IT Category until now excite you? If you’re an ambitious IT Category, Procurement or Sourcing Manager, this highly profitable retailer and quietly successful privately-owned company, could have just the career opportunity you’ve been looking for.
They spend c.£600m per year on GNFR across the business globally.
This role will be accountable for:
- Sourcing a portfolio of services with an annual spend of between c.£50m-£100m.
- Leading the development, implementation and ongoing management of procurement category strategies at a group-wide level for a portfolio of goods and services.
- Developing strategies and tactics for procurement categories and initiatives, providing thought leadership; identifying, creating and implementing initiatives to maximise value and ensure ongoing management of supplier contracts and relationships.
This job comprises of four key activities with the following deliverables:
- Procurement category strategy
- Sourcing of goods and services
- Procurement-led change
- Contract management
- Category Strategy
- Takes a lead role with stakeholders (functional, procurement and supplier), defines and implements effective category strategies to deliver a programme of transformation and risk mitigation; obtaining buy-in at each necessary step of the process
- Ensures value for money by constantly challenging the balance between cost, risk and service
- Routinely shares best practices and learning across categories, geographies and teams
- Sourcing of Goods and Services
- Leads an appropriate sourcing process (including planning, defining business needs, assessing supply market, defining strategy, execution, supplier selection and contracting) that delivers the right level of service and commercial outcomes
- Supports business in ensuring suppliers priorities and capacities are aligned, identifies options, risks and mitigations
- Secures formal stakeholder approvals for supplier selection recommendations as required
- Procurement-Led Change
- Leverages changes in supply market and demand conditions to deliver innovative services and commercial solutions
- Identifies and implements opportunities to improve service and reduce costs by challenging and continuously improving the what, how, when, where and why goods and services are purchased
- Contract Management
- Oversees contracts to ensure all obligations are fulfilled, risks are mitigated and contracts remain valid throughout their lifecycle. Holds internal organisation and suppliers to account for their actions
- Defines and executes a contract management programme (including continuous improvement, variance management, contract compliance and governance) for nominated suppliers to ensure that the appropriate value is secured from contracts
With a strong culture and unique brand, this organisation attracts hard working, commercially astute and team orientated people. If this sounds like you, please call Rupert for a chat on 01962 869 838.