One of Dorset’s key employers is seeking its next Senior Category Manager – IT to join the team.
Reporting into the Head of Procurement – who has been in post for 18 months – the Senior Category Manager – IT will have one of the most visible roles within the organisation and will be the subject matter expert for all things IT.
With one direct report, you will manage a spend profile of c£15m per annum which encompasses the entire IT Category. The role would therefore suit a generalist who is IT literate, highly technical in nature who is able to engage effectively with stakeholders and suppliers and negotiate on behalf of the organisation.
Lots of projects are in the pipeline ranging from a 2yr contract roll out of a new Internet supplier to cover all existing sites to looking at new learning management systems and focusing on spend data analytics to support the entire business in making critical decisions.
There is also a lot of work to be done around old contracts due to expire in 2020 which will need careful supplier relationship management.
You will be working in a highly cross-functional environment where teamwork and sharing of responsibilities is important
This is an organisation that puts social values and social purpose into everything they do.
As Senior Category Manager – IT, your key responsibilities will be:
- Working with senior stakeholders to understand current and future needs for development
- Implementing appropriate company-wide procurement strategies that make the best use of new technologies and supply solutions
- Managing the total through life cost of this service delivery
- Applying the Procurement process and ensuring that everyone operates within governance during sourcing activities
Skills and experience:
The ideal candidate should have a background which reflects the following elements:
- CIPS professional qualification, or equivalent experience.
- The ability to analyse complex data and make recommendations based on evidence
- A thorough understanding of procurement strategy development and subject matter expertise across the full reach of your assigned category.
- Strong people management and influencing skills and the ability to manage and persuade at all levels of the organisation
- Effective negotiation and performance management skills
Benefits of the Senior Category Manager – IT include:
- Up to c£54,000 base salary
- 26 days leave
- 16% pension contribution
- Flexible working
- Life assurance
- Dental and Health Cash Plan
How to apply:
To discuss the Senior Category Manager – IT role in more depth please contact Hayley Packham at Procurement Heads by emailing your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0) 7780 043157 | Enquiries are all handled confidentially.