A well-regarded FTSE 250 FMCG organisation with a sustainable, fair and robust approach to Procurement is seeking a Senior Category Manager – Operations, Logistics and Utilities to join its growing leadership team.
Reporting to the CPO and with two direct reports, the Senior Category Manager will own the development and implementation of category strategies, along with BAU support for Logistics and Utilities.
You will also manage and provide commercial support to the operational supply chain teams across both logistics and production, from sourcing through to contract development and lifecycle management.
With a strong background in Procurement, you will also have experience in the FMCG, Retail or Automotive sector and have previously been responsible for providing commercial support to at least one major change initiative in logistics.
As Senior Category Manager – Operations, Logistics and Utilities your key responsibilities will be:
- Developing and managing of category strategies, including supplier risk management
- Supplier negotiation, including the development of contracts
- Delivering cost savings, cost avoidance and process improvement
- Developing and implementing an SRM programme for the categories in scope
- Managing a complex set of stakeholders – being the main point of contact and subject matter expert for all logistics-related spend categories, acting as the ambassador for Procurement
- Bringing innovations and thought leadership to the Operational/Supply Chain stakeholder group
- Adhering to the relevant Purchasing Policies and Processes in force, including following the correct delegation of authority and segregation of duties
Skills and experience:
- Strong category management experience, particularly in Logistics
- Subject matter expertise in logistics, with experience in working collaboratively with a 3PL to identify and deliver mutual benefits
- Ideally, experience in supporting at least one major 3PL outsourcing project
- Good understanding of the FMCG sector
- Demonstrable cross-functional stakeholder management and influencing skills
- Good negotiation skills and willingness to challenge the status quo
- Strong analytical skills
- Inspirational team leader
- Good presentation, verbal and written communication skills
Benefits of the Senior Category Manager – Operations, Logistics and Utilities role include:
- £6,000 car allowance
- 15% bonus
- 10.5% pension (total contribution)
- 25 days holiday
How to apply:
To discuss the Senior Category Manager – Operations, Logistics and Utilities role in more depth, please contact James Dobbin at Procurement Heads by emailing your CV to email@example.com or call +44 (0) 7785 622635 | +44 (0) 1962 869838.