A world-leading technology organisation with a mission to operate internationally as well as retaining their UK footprint is recruiting a Senior Category Manager who is strategic and innovative and has a proven track record with developing new revenue streams alongside suppliers and stakeholders alike and delivering the Procurement strategy.
This organisation helps its customers in virtually all sectors improve quality of life, supporting efficient public services and infrastructure, new technologies in transport and communications, national security and emergency services and exploring the great outdoors.
Cost savings are of course important, as is maximising commercial value and delivering outstanding service across the organisation. However, this is also an opportunity to help shape the procurement approach and team, influence the executives and grow business maturity in understanding and addressing commercial risks.
In this new role, you will help support and manage £75m annual spend from managing the expanding external supply chain as well as getting involved in cutting edge technology projects.
As deputy to the Head of Procurement, you will also play a key role in developing and mentoring the wider team – and lead on cross-business initiatives, developing innovative procurement strategies and sourcing solutions that drive commercial success.
As Senior Category Manager your key responsibilities will be:
- Understand and identify the trends within the market
- Work with key suppliers and support key stakeholders to deliver value and innovative solutions that will achieve business success
- Influence and give advice to senior-level stakeholders, including Directors, to ensure procurement strategies align to business outcomes
- Lead on negotiations to ensure that best value and desired business outcomes are achieved
- Confidently be able to recommend the relevant commercial and strategic sourcing options that meet the business need
- Support the Head of Procurement in developing and leading the team in order to meet the commercial challenges that lie ahead, including responding to changing the external environment and supporting international markets
Skills and experience required:
- In-depth commercial and category management knowledge and experience.
- Highly numerate with a strong analytical background
- Maintaining and strengthening existing relationships with key suppliers
- Experience in a complex environment with a high level of interface with a diverse range of stakeholders and customers
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills at all levels
- An excellent track record in motivating and leading a team
- Knowledge of SAP
- MCIPS qualified
- Commercial and Public Sector procurement experience
- Identifying and managing commercial and business risks
Benefits of the Senior Category Manager role include:
- Up to £71,000
- 25 days holiday (+3 for Christmas)
To discuss the Senior Category Manager role in more depth please contact Hayley Packham at Procurement Heads by emailing your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0) 7780 043157 | +44 (0) 1962 869838. Enquiries are all handled confidentially.