Based in South London, this fast-paced and growing private organisation is seeking a Senior Category Manager to work as a number two to the Head of Procurement (Clinical) and deliver cost savings and greater efficiencies across the enterprise.
With an annual turnover of circa £90 million and in excess of 170 staff, this private organisation manages the Procurement of an additional circa £400m of annual spend for an admired NHS Trust. Operating out of its easily accessible offices in Zone 1, you will work closely with the Trust’s clinicians (consultants, surgeons, nurses and theatre managers), giving them back precious patient-facing time and fostering highly professional and responsive relationships. Managing a team of Procurement specialists and a core spend of £20-30m, you will lead the development of the team’s annual work plan, develop associated policy and delivering on agreed procurement targets.
With support from your team, you will be responsible for a host of the following groups:
- Acute and emergency care
- Post-acute planned medicine and outpatients
- Theatres and anaesthetics
- Therapy, rehabilitation and allied clinical services
- Women’s health
- Planned surgery, ophthalmology and optometry
Essential knowledge and experience:
- Passion and knowledge about clinical procurement – demonstrable experience having worked in a leadership position with consultants, surgeons, nurses, theatre managers
- Strong enthusiasm, innovation and fresh ideas
- Great communication skills
With a strong emphasis on progression and development, this is a tremendous prospect for an enthusiastic, positive and engaging individual who wants to be part of an organisation which aims to lead the way for other NHS organisations and this position was born from the Group’s expansion and growth.
To discuss this role in more depth please contact James Dobbin at Procurement Heads by emailing your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0) 7785 622635 | +44 (0) 1962 869838 . All enquiries are handled confidentially.