A cutting-edge and ambitious healthcare provider in London is recruiting for a positive and engaging Senior Category Manager to join its Clinical Procurement team.
The Clinical Procurement team is busier than ever, and this key Senior Category Manager (Clinical) role will play a massive part in the fight against COVID-19, while also providing additional capacity to support against the delivery of ambitious to targets, maximising value and reducing costs.
Reporting to the Head of Procurement, you’ll line manage a Category Manager and take responsibility for a delegated clinical category (or categories) and influence a spend of circa £10-20m.
As Senior Category Manager (Clinical) your key responsibilities will be:
- Lead Procurement strategy and operational planning
- Act as a client lead – lead the Procurement process by delivering a portfolio of complex and/or high-value sourcing activities
- Lead category management strategy for defined categories
- In conjunction with the Contract Manager, lead the contract management process for the aligned categories
- As part of the tender process, research suppliers, commodities and markets
Skills and experience:
- Extensive Clinical Procurement experience, either in the healthcare sector or other
- MCIPS (or equivalent)
- Strong leadership skills
- Gravitas with the ability to negotiate and influence
- Experience working in the public sector
Benefits of the Senior Category Manager (Clinical) role include:
- 10% bonus
- 12% pension (total contribution)
- 27 days holiday
How to apply:
To discuss the Senior Category Manager (Clinical) role in more depth please contact James Dobbin at Procurement Heads by emailing your CV to email@example.com or call +44 (0) 7785 622635. Enquiries are all handled confidentially.