A cutting-edge and ambitious healthcare provider in London is recruiting for two brand-new Senior Category Managers to join its Clinical Procurement team in London.
The Clinical Procurement team is busier than ever, and these key roles will play a massive part in the fight against COVID-19, whilst also providing additional capacity to support against the delivery of ambitious targets, maximising value and reducing costs.
As a result, the business is looking for enthusiastic, positive and engaging individuals interested in joining an organisation which is paving the way in its field.
Reporting to the Head of Procurement, you’ll line manage a Category Manager and take responsibility for a delegated clinical category (or categories) and manage a spend of circa £20-£30m per annum.
As Senior Category Manager (Clinical) your key responsibilities will be:
- Developing and agreeing approaches to procurement with a range of stakeholders, ensuring that these meet stakeholder needs and compliance requirements.
- Maintaining and strengthening relationships with key suppliers to support quality & cost improvements throughout the contract period
- Leading the development of the annual work plan for your team and designated clinical areas, ensuring that procurement activity takes place as agreed and scheduled
- Delivering against agreed procurement targets
- Managing the risk of your procurement portfolio
Skills and experience:
- A strong background in Clinical Procurement, either in the healthcare sector or other
- MCIPS (or equivalent)
- Strong leadership skills
- Gravitas with the ability to negotiate and influence
- Experience working in the public sector
Benefits of the Senior Category Manager role include:
- 10% bonus
- 12% pension (total contribution)
- 27 days holiday
How to apply:
To discuss the Procurement Manager role in more depth please contact James Dobbin at Procurement Heads by emailing your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0) 7785 622635. Enquiries are all handled confidentially.