Procurement Heads' Industrial practice is exclusively working with a well-respected and unique manufacturer.
The organisation is looking for a Senior Procurement Category Manager to lead the category definition and execution of a specialist vital category for manufacturing.
As Senior Procurement Category Manager, you will be responsible for leading, implementing and defining sourcing strategies and will be accountable for the successful delivery of strategic category management.
You will have the knowledge and understanding of specific category sourcing strategies and work with the supply chain to deliver effective material availability for production.
Understanding of supply chain and challenges within this is imperative.
This role will provide you with the opportunity to drive performance improvements, and effectively build, maintain and solidify existing and new supplier relationships.
As Senior Category Manager your key responsibilities will be:
- Identify, drive and achieve cost savings for the allocated portfolio to meet or exceed agreed divisional targets
- Champion and secure TCO reductions across the Group
- Develop strong relationships with stakeholders to align procurement objectives with business needs and deliver supply projects on time/in line with requirements
- Oversee development/ execution of strategies through site buyers. Support execution and issue resolution
- Lead qualification, due diligence and selection activities for relevant portfolios, including risk assessments, supplier onboarding and supplier exit/removal
- Drive global innovation and continuous improvement across the business, acting as a role model around quality and process standards.
- Develop and share supply market knowledge to drive innovative sourcing solutions
- Report on performance metrics and other activities as required
- Develop and manage supplier relationship management programme for allocated suppliers
- Lead appropriate supplier/cross-functional workshops to seek and implement innovative and value-adding ideas and proposals from suppliers
Experience and qualifications:
- Strategic procurement and supplier management experience
- Experience in manufacturing, ideally within specialist or niche categories
- Experience in procurement strategy and delivery
- Proven track record in engaging and influencing a complex and diverse range of stakeholders and customers.
- Extensive experience leading contract negotiation alongside technical and legal colleagues.
Benefits of the Senior Category Manager role include:
- Up to £55,000 annual salary
- 20% bonus
- Car allowance
- Competitive pension scheme
- 26 days holiday
- Hybrid working