An industry-leading high-tech manufacturing company with a global foothold is looking to recruit a Senior Buyer.
Procurement Heads’ Industrial Practice is currently working alongside an industry-leading manufacturer, recruiting a Senior Buyer to join its dynamic and collaborative procurement team.
Reporting to the Head of Procurement, you will be responsible for managing a spend of £40m across electronics.
You will have one direct report which you will be responsible for mentoring and developing.
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone coming from a manufacturing or complex procurement background looking to join a fast-paced high performing team which encourages collaboration.
As Senior Buyer your responsibilities will include:
- Purchasing site lead for Southampton
- Obtain quotations, negotiate pricing, lead times, and commercial terms/agreements
- Execute MRP output and generate purchase orders
- Manage deliveries and inventory
- Support new product development and introduction
- Identify and manage supply chain risk
- Support cost reduction initiatives and evidence-based reporting of cost savings and avoidance
- Support the development of and execute commodity/category strategies
- Manage and implement design changes with minimal business impact
- Quarterly supplier KPI reporting
- Resolve invoice and/or delivery queries
- Work with the quality team to address any supply chain-related quality issues
- Input and maintain master data within the ERP system
- Collaboration with team members and stakeholders across the business and plants primarily in Germany, Poland, China and the USA
- Support the Head of Procurement in developing effective processes and tools to support the ambitions and vision during the coming years
- IT literate, strong knowledge of MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Teams
- Purchasing professional with 5-10 years experience in a supply chain setting
- Experience working in the technology sector and a complex manufacturing environment across multiple locations
- Good understanding of project management principles, practices, and processes
- Excellent knowledge of S&OP and MRP/ERP systems (including SAP)
- Excellent commercial/financial acumen
- Degree qualified in either a technical or business discipline
- CIPS preferred but not essential
Benefits of the Senior Buyer role include:
- Flexible working
- Pension contribution