Leading from the front with their cutting-edge approach, this Surrey based business are true experts in pushing the boundaries through thought-provoking engineering. Due to internal promotion, this established team are seeking a Senior Buyer to join them to work across a variety of projects.
As a key member of this team you will work with autonomy to develop a strategic supply chain, deliver on procurement objectives and support with bid management activity. You will report directly to the Procurement Lead, who takes a supportive approach whilst actively leading from the front. Taking responsibility for unique and exciting projects, you will have the opportunity to make significant contributions into what is a forward-thinking and innovative industry.
Does this sound like you? You will be ambitious, hard-working and truly passionate about your work. We are looking for an individual who works well alongside others, with the necessary drive to progress and further develop both yourself and the wider team.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Collaboratively develop procurement plans with functional and business unit leaders to achieve annual cost efficiency targets, enhance resource utilisation through make vs buy, improve supplier performance and implement continuous improvement plans
- Identify appropriate supply chains and commercial models to deliver the capability required
- Lead and develop supply chain requirements providing subject matter expertise to relevant stakeholders
- Develop relationships with existing and new suppliers
- Ensure suitable metrics, governance, and actions are in place for the continuous improvement of Projects, Campaigns and Procurement
- Establish clear understanding of project objectives whilst in addition driving exploratory (innovative) solutions to enhance delivery success
- Collaborate with: Business Development/ Category Leads / Procurement Leads / Project Leads, to develop and enhance systems, process, and best practice Supply Chain; evaluation, development and assurance
Skills and Experience Required:
This role will suit a Procurement professional with 4-5 years’ experience. We are looking for an enthusiastic and committed individual with the desire to take the next step in their career. Skills and experience required are as follows –
- A minimum of 4-5 years’ experience in Procurement / Supply Chain
- Experience of working on large scale projects within large supply chains amongst a sizeable stakeholder community
- Ability to work off own initiative and take a lead position on relevant tasks
- Ability to problem-solve
- Strong stakeholder management skills and ability to adapt communication style accordingly
- Flexible attitude and desire to ‘go the extra mile’
- Ambition to succeed and progress
- An understanding of engineering procurement and supply chain is not essential but could be beneficial
To arrange a call and discuss this role in more depth please contact Sophie Cook at Procurement Heads on 01962 869 838. Sophie is managing this role on an exclusive basis and can be reached via email@example.com. All enquiries are handled on a confidential basis.