This heavyweight FTSE leader and globally renowned brand is looking for a Senior Buyer to join their Southampton based team.
You will be working in the Technical team that looks after all Engineering spend and commodities so a background in either an engineering or technical organisation is preferred. The role will lead all elements of the sourcing process on behalf of the business and will work largely without the need for guidance, business partnering product and operations managers.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Develops, implements and leads category sourcing strategy for defined areas, managing the ongoing commercial, operational, quality and risk management requirements within their category
- Responsible for the full end to end sourcing and supply process for a category from supporting business partners to develop a definition of need (requisition / specification) through to confirmation of delivery and supplier payment. This is achieved through collaborating closely with the various business partners from product specialists, through supply chain, logistics and ship staff.
- Engage effectively with the supply market for their category to bring value-added innovation and opportunities.
- Manage, on behalf of the business, effective supplier relationships, balancing security of supply, cost effectiveness, commitment, reputation and access to market innovation.
- Lead and execute tendering, negotiating, contracting and contract management activities on significant spend areas within their category.
- Identify and lead opportunities within their category to drive performance in supply, cost, quality, innovation and risk.
- Conduct regular analysis of supplier spend and volume data, reducing overall supply chain costs or leveraging spends where scale allows, moving down the supply chain toward original product source.
In return you will be given the opportunity to develop your career in a market leading organisation where opportunities for promotion are prevalent. If this sounds like it could be just the challenge you’re looking for in 2019, please call either Rupert or Hayley on 01962 869 838.