An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Senior Buyer to join the Technical department of a FTSE 100 organisation Headquartered in Southampton, Hampshire.
The overall purpose of the role is to work with the New Build Team in supporting the delivery of the project due to complete in 2020. This is a 6 month Fixed Term Contract to deliver the major first fit spares package.
This is a key purchasing role within the Technical department. Working within the wider corporate Supply Chain Team, you will support the New Build Team by implementing the Procurement Strategy for the first fit technical spares. Working alongside the sister brands, you will consider the entire corporate volume of new build projects, leading critical tenders, negotiations and supplier management.
Further responsibilities include:
- Engage effectively with the supply market to bring value-added innovation and opportunities
- Manage, on behalf of the business, effective supplier relationships, balancing security of supply, cost effectiveness, commitment, reputation and access to market innovation
- Lead and execute tendering, negotiating, contracting and contract management activities on significant spend areas within their category
- Identify and lead opportunities within their category to drive performance in supply, cost, quality, innovation and risk
- Conduct regular analysis of supplier spend and volume data, reducing overall supply chain costs or leveraging spends where scale allows
- Act as a Procurement Business partner for product / operations management
You will have substantial previous purchasing experience in a relevant field (Aerospace/Defence/Long term contracting) and will have a proven track record in effective communication, stakeholder management and influencing skills. You will be someone who is expected to set the standard in purchasing. You will have the ability to apply clarity of purpose and define simple, robust operating processes.
Critically, you’ll have a high level of knowledge in best practice procurement within technical categories. Your knowledge of this category will be the key to your success.
This role will require some travel to Germany as this is where the build project is taking place.
To find out more, please apply with an up to date CV today or call Hayley on 01962 869838 for more information.