A leading service provider with operations spanning across Europe, and the largest customer base in the industry, is seeking a Procurement Specialist.
A leading service provider with operations spanning across Europe, and the largest customer base in the industry, is seeking a Procurement Specialist. Joining a team renowned for initiatives they have introduced nationally, you will work on innovative projects, launching cutting-edge technology into the industry.
As a key member of the supply chain function you will work closely with stakeholders, taking ownership in developing and managing contracts and supplier relationships. Reporting to the Supply Chain Manager you will have capacity to share ideas and input into strategy. You will work with confidence and demonstrate capability to lead processes independently.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Work to generate savings in conjunction with wider supply chain team
- Identify opportunities to drive strategy across allocated categories
- Work closely with stakeholders and suppliers, maintaining strong working relationships and managing expectations accordingly
- Manage supplier base and drive efficiencies
- Ensure that all procurement and supply chain activities are carried out in an ethical and controlled manner in line with policy and procedures
- Assist with the ongoing review of Supply Chain practices and procedures
Skills and Experience Required:
- Member of the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS) or a student member working towards the professional qualification
- Proven procurement / supply chain experience with track record of effective stakeholder and supplier management
- Strong interpersonal, communication and organisational skills
- Commercial acumen with the ability to drive complex commercial negotiations
- Experienced in negotiating high value contracts
- Team player with proven experience working with cross functional teams.
- Project planning skills
To discuss this role in more depth please contact Sophie Cook at Procurement Heads on 01962 869 838. Sophie is managing this role on an exclusive basis. All enquiries are handled confidentially.