An industry-leading hi-tech manufacturing company with a global foothold is looking to recruit a Senior Buyer to join one of the manufacturing facilities in Rugby.
This is an organisation that has two main manufacturing facilities in the UK and a strong R&D presence.
Reporting to the Head of Procurement and supported by a Procurement Administrator, your role will be to take on all of the purchasing requirements for the site and support the engineers with any NPI sourcing activity.
The Senior Buyer role will focus 80% of your time on key suppliers, relationship management and ensuring supply chain risks are mitigated as well as ensuring that material is available when needed and supply is optimised in line with company strategies.
The remaining 20% will focus on strategic sourcing activities for NPI introductions whereby you will advise the business on market intelligence to inform decision making.
Both sites in the UK are governed by a central head office management team and will have a presence from each function at the respective sites.
This role will be stand alone as the remainder of the Procurement function is based at the other site. You will therefore need to be a self-starter who can work independently for the majority of your time.
The Head of Procurement will visit on a regular basis and you will be included in all teams communications and activity.
As Senior Buyer your responsibilities will entail:
- Obtain quotations, negotiate pricing, lead-times and commercial terms / agreements where this is not covered by the commodity management team
- Execute MRP output and generate purchase orders
- Manage deliveries and inventory (expediting and rescheduling with high levels of self-sufficiency)
- Support new product development and introduction
- Identify and manage supply chain risk
- Support cost reduction initiatives and evidence-based reporting of cost savings and avoidance
- Support the development of and execute commodity / category strategies
- Manage and implement design changes with minimal business impact
- Quarterly supplier KPI reporting
- Resolve invoice and/or delivery queries
- Work with the quality team to address any supply chain related quality issues
- Input and maintain master data within the ERP system
- Collaboration with team members and stakeholders across TGBL and other Trumpf plants primarily in Germany, Poland, China and the USA
- Support the Head of Procurement in developing effective processes and tools to support the ambitions and vision of TGBL as it grows during the coming years
The required experience to be the Senior Buyer is:
- Purchasing professional with ideally 5-10 years’ experience in a supply chain setting
- Experience of working in the technology sector and a complex manufacturing environment across multiple locations
- Good understanding of project management principles, practices and processes
- Excellent knowledge of S&OP and MRP/ERP systems
- Excellent commercial / financial acumen
- IT literate, strong knowledge of MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Degree qualified in either a technical or business discipline
- CIPS preferred but not essential
How to apply for the Senior Buyer role:
To discuss the Senior Buyer role in more depth please contact Rahim Ali Ahmad at Procurement Heads by emailing your CV to email@example.com or call +44 7387 102095. Enquiries are all handled confidentially.