Procurement Heads’ Industrial practice has partnered with a renowned utilities company to recruit a Senior Buyer – Network Services.
Procurement Heads’ Industrial practice have partnered with a renowned utilities company to recruit a Senior Buyer – Network Services, to help strengthen energy security and deliver net zero.
As a Senior Buyer – Network Services, you’ll be leading and delivering complex, high value, high risk tenders that require innovative commercial thinking and strong procurement leadership.
The role offers a hybrid work model, and you’ll be working from its Warwickshire offices 1-2 days a week, with occasional travel to the other site.
As a Senior Buyer – Network Services your key responsibilities will be:
- Supporting the Procurement Manager in driving value creation across the procured spend base.
- Ensuring a systematic and compliant approach to managing spend across all procurement is adopted, in line with the direction from the Procurement Manager.
- Developing relationships with internal stakeholders.
- Sourcing lead for 1-2 strategic tenders at a time, identifying the best sourcing strategies, and leading events from market engagement through to contract award.
- Maintaining knowledge of the policies and frameworks for contract and supplier management, ensuring compliance with the relevant processes and escalating issues as they arise.
- Collating data on spend performance and other metrics, providing analysis and recommendations for action; feedback to Procurement Manager for reporting purposes to provide a holistic picture of procurement activity.
Skills and experience:
- Experience of understanding, identifying, and executing multiple opportunities across a range of spend categories to deliver value.
- Experience of major infrastructure procurement, regulated procurement, and/ or energy markets is desirable.
- Experience in the management of tendering large events.
- Supply chain management experience in complex environments.
- Expert influencing and negotiation skills to drive optimum value through the award of commercially sound contracts.
- Up to £59,000 salary
- Up to 15% bonus
- Up to 6% double matched pension
- Private medical insurance
- Life insurance
- Hybrid working