A leading insurance business in Surrey is seeking a Senior Buyer (Marketing) to join their Indirects team as they embark on an exciting transformation.
As Senior Buyer (Marketing) you will be part of full end to end buying and helping implement strategies across the board.
As Senior Buyer (Marketing) your key responsibilities will be:
- Coordinates and leads Procurement initiatives and works in support of the category strategy
- Supports in all sourcing and supplier management activities.
- Support with the development and implementation of category strategies and sourcing processes
- Conducts market analysis, negotiation and contracting activities with suppliers based
- Conducts tactical and strategic sourcing projects
- Manages risk through robust due diligence practices
Skills and experience required:
- 3-5 years’ experience of managing/working in a marketing and print Procurement category (ideally in a challenging corporate environment)
- A proven track record of identifying and delivering cost savings and other added value
- Excellent stakeholder management, and with senior-level exposure
- Knowledge of Contract Law and the ability to work alongside the company’s in-house legal team for contract negotiations
- Basic understanding of the P2P (Procure to Pay) process, but not essential
- Marketing background preferred but not essential
In applications we will be looking for:
- A creative attitude
- Happy to travel
- Someone who can hit the ground running
- MCIPS – or studying towards is desirable
Benefits of the Senior Buyer (Marketing) role include:
- Pension scheme
- Bonus scheme
- Flexible working
- Development days
- Volunteering hours
- Life cover x4
- Buy/sell annual leave
To discuss the Senior Buyer (Marketing) role in more depth please contact Hannah Abraham at Procurement Heads by emailing your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0) 7425 489 269| +44 (0) 1962 869838. Enquiries are all handled confidentially.