An established manufacturing brand with a cutting-edge product base are seeking a Senior Buyer to join them on a permanent basis, with a view to achieve long-term goals of progression and development. Joining a business who are true experts in their market, you will work on highly innovative technical projects.
As Senior Buyer you will be working closely with key stakeholders to procure direct commodities for a range of projects. You will use your excellent interpersonal skills to engage suppliers and drive business efficiencies
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work closely with stakeholders to procure machined components and related parts to the required quality, delivery and costs
- Engage Suppliers & drive service levels to meet business goals
- Prepare Request For Information (RFI) & Request For Quotation (RFQ) documentation
- Identify, evaluate, implement and develop new supply sources capable of meeting specifications and commercial needs
- Facilitate the introduction of new products, adapting the supply chain to support emerging needs
- Develop & drive strong supply partnerships embracing lean manufacturing principles to deliver; quality, service, technical, commercial & continuous improvement expectations of our global operations
- Support the creation & implementation of strategies to mitigate high risk areas within the supply chain
- Execute change, managing the process of engagement, disengagement and change management, to minimise the risk to operations
- Working to strict and often very tight deadlines to meet delivery schedules
Skills and Experience Required:
This role would suit a Buyer with previous experience of working within direct categories. The successful applicant must have experience of reading and interpreting technical drawings and have an understanding of manufacturing processes
Further skills and experience required are as follows –
- Good knowledge of the manufacturing industry related to one off production of parts in stainless steel, aluminium and carbon steel
- Good understanding of inspection and test methods related to machined and welded components
- Ability to work cooperatively with engineers and suppliers to obtain parts on time within budget
- Demonstrate ability to organise, plan and monitor procurement activities
- Working knowledge of using MRP/ERP systems
- Experience of Excel
In addition to a competitive salary the company are offering 26 days holiday (not including bank holidays), income protection, 3% pension match as well as a high street gift voucher scheme.
We are looking for an individual to join a growing team and business, further develop themselves and be part of a truly exciting period of expansion.
To arrange a call and discuss this role in more depth please contact Sophie Cook at Procurement Heads on 01962 869 838. Sophie is managing this role on an exclusive basis and can be reached via email@example.com. All enquiries are handled on a confidential basis.