A renowned retail brand with a reputation for breaking the mould and pushing boundaries is recruiting a Senior Buyer to manage IT spend. The Senior Buyer will report to the Head of Indirect Procurement, taking responsibility for project driven procurement as well as business continuity sourcing.
Interfacing regularly with senior stakeholders, including the CIO, you will be a visible point of contact for your assigned spend portfolio.
You will join a global business who put employees at the centre of what they do, with support from management you have freedom to innovate and present fresh ideas to your stakeholders and peers alike. Working in a creative, agile and progressive business you will be encouraged to work with autonomy and using your own initiative. You will be confident, credible and not afraid to make your voice heard.
Sound like the challenge you’ve been looking for? Take a look at the details below to learn more…
Responsibilities of the role:
You will interface with senior business stakeholders as part of this role. Relationships with such stakeholders already exist, across the business Procurement is respected and valued. It is your role as Senior Buyer to maintain these relationships with stakeholders. Other responsibilities include;
- Drive IT and Digital Services supplier and sourcing strategies to deliver the business outcomes needed and leverage global spend
- Lead tender, negotiation and contract activity
- Ensure a positive and close relationship with senior stakeholders, to understand the outcomes needed and influence behaviours
- Ensure compliance to procurement processes for all allocated spend
- Analyse management information to ensure strategies remains on track
- Act as an internal and external advocate of procurement
- Drive innovative ways of making the supply chain function more effectively and efficiently
Skills and experience required for the role:
Whilst this role is focused on IT spend, it is not essential that you come with experience of this category. You will have existing procurement experience and a sound understanding of strategic sourcing, further skills and experience required are as follows;
- Minimum of 3 years’ procurement experience
- Experience of procurement within an international, agile, demanding and fast paced, outcome-based environment
- Experience of managing complex, multinational projects with multiple stakeholders based in multiple international locations
- Be able to achieve results with integrity
- Strong written and numeric comprehension and analytic skills.
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills
- Able to thrive in an environment of constant change and able to juggle many diverse projects simultaneously
This is a brilliant opportunity for a Buyer with a drive to excel in their Procurement career. If you are keen to gain significant experience with a fast-paced, innovative business who is not afraid to hold back please apply today!
To discuss this role in more depth please contact Sophie Cook at Procurement Heads. All enquiries are confidential, you can reach Sophie on 01962 869 838 / firstname.lastname@example.org.