A fantastic opportunity to join a FTSE 100 in Southampton has come about due to internal progression. This company is looking for a Senior Buyer to join the indirect procurement team. A position in this team will be diverse, varying with the needs of the customer. Part of the challenge for the procurement team in this industry is managing the spend effectively whilst keeping a focus on continuous deadlines. As professionals in the leisure industry, the company must meet customer needs, adapt and think ahead of the market, therefore strategy and fine-tuned planning are essential parts of the role. The role will sit in the marketing category of the procurement team and whilst experience in marketing is a bonus, it is not essential. The main responsibilities of this role will be supplier relationship management and leading and executing tenders.
Remembering that this is a large company, with a great presence in the public eye, the chance for progression is vast and the company is consistently addressing the competitive market and exceeding expectations. For you as an individual, conversations with management are regular, responsibilities are tailored to you and employee surveys are in place so that employees are truly heard, and feedback is taken on board. This company look to become the “employer of choice” by putting on events across the year, respect and understanding their employee’s needs; supporting flexible working and work/life balance as an example.
- Engage effectively with the supply market for their category to bring value-added innovation and opportunities to the company
- Manage, on behalf of the business, effective supplier relationships, balancing security of supply, cost effectiveness, commitment, reputation and access to market innovation
- Lead and execute tendering, negotiating, contracting and contract management activities on significant spend areas within their category
- Identify and lead opportunities within their category to drive performance in supply, cost, quality, innovation and risk
- Conduct regular analysis of supplier spend and volume data, reducing overall supply chain costs or leveraging spends where scale allows, moving down the supply chain toward original product source
- Act as a Procurement Business partner for product / operations management
- Lead collaboration efforts with other operating companies and the corporate sourcing group
- Mentors and/or coaches more junior staff and may lead the development of capability across the procurement function as a subject matter expert
- May manage a small team, in which case they are responsible for the effective leadership and development of those individuals
- Actively builds the reputation of the profession in the business by being seen as an engaged expert, delivering business needs through procurement capabilities
For more information please call Chizoba on 01962 869 838 or email email@example.com