The leading company in the leisure industry is offering a highly sought-after and unique opportunity for an experienced procurement professional. To help steer cost-savings, this FTSE 100 are looking for a driven, enthusiastic and experienced indirect buyer to grasp the reigns of the existing suppliers and manage the contracts that supply customers with fantastic services.
Based in the indirect procurement team, your main responsibility as Senior Buyer will be the buying of travel contracts, negotiating with existing suppliers. Alongside this responsibility, you will be liaising with other indirect category departments with a view to investigate whether the same suppliers in your category can provide a fuller, end to end service for another category and vice-versa. You must be familiar with buying in indirect procurement, contracts management, supplier negotiations, supplier relationship management and stakeholder engagement.
As Senior Buyer in the Indirect category, you will be responsible for:
- Develops, implements and leads sub-category sourcing strategy for defined areas, managing the ongoing commercial, operational, quality and risk management requirements within their category.
- Responsible for the full end to end sourcing and supply process from supporting business partners to develop a definition of need (requisition specification) through to confirmation of delivery and supplier payment.
- Engage effectively with the supply market for their category to bring value-added innovation and opportunities.
- Support the business with effective supplier relationships, balancing security of supply, cost effectiveness, commitment, reputation and access to market innovation.
- Lead and execute tendering, negotiating, contracting and contract management activities on significant spend areas within their category.
- Identify and lead opportunities within their category to drive performance in supply, cost, quality, innovation and risk.
- Conduct regular analysis of supplier spend and volume data, reducing overall supply chain costs or leveraging spends where scale allows, moving down the supply chain toward original product source.
Skills and experience required:
- Purchasing experience in relevant categories
- Strong contract experience
- Strong supplier relationship management experience
- Commercially aware with an interest in reducing costs to maximise spend
- Management of a spend of a similar amount
- Strong tactical buying and technical buying experience
- Process driven
In applications, we will be looking for:
- Contracts Management is essential
- Supplier Relationship Management is essential
- Proven record of ability to work with senior members of a company
- Stakeholder engagement
- Travel knowledge, interest or experience
- A record of cost savings ability is desirable
To discuss the Senior Buyer role in more depth please contact Chizoba Uzuegbunam at Procurement Heads by emailing your CV to email@example.com or call 07393 140 509| +44 (0) 1962 869838. Enquiries are all handled confidentially.