One of the UK’s biggest charity’s is looking to recruit a Senior Buyer on a 12-month contract.
They work on the front line, night and day, in people’s homes across the UK, providing hands-on care and vital emotional support. They need to recruit a Senior Buyer to implement bottom-line savings inevitably upscaling the level of care they can offer.
As Senior Buyer your role will be threefold:
- Supporting all aspects of Procurement processes on Due Diligence procedures for Supplier Management and new Supplier set-ups (as the Oracle Supplier Administrator role) in the Oracle ERP Finance system
- Supporting and extending the Procurement function across the entire company
- Supporting the Head of Procurement in the promotion of the procurement strategy and compliance to the Procurement Policy
Your responsibilities will include:
- Administrating Supplier Management processes and procedures for new supplier requests.
- Checking and validating supplier financial information and banking details
- Support in delivering the roll-out of procurement training and upskilling programmes
- Support the Head of Procurement in any strategic tendering activities
- Responsible for the end-to-end delivery of non-strategic tender activities
- Deliver the set-up of tender activities
- Establish partnering relationships with internal stakeholders supporting any tendering processes
- Working as a business partner model with internal stakeholders across the charity
- Conducting regular reviews of existing suppliers and their commercial Agreements
- Responsible for some supplier relationships, including regular supplier meetings and contract management reviews
- To always seek to deliver the best value for money procurement solutions
Skills and experience needed for this role:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Working to a tight schedule and managing your time and workload effectively
- Proven IT skills, specifically in Excel and PPT
- Knowledge in contract management and the principles of contract law and terms
- Experience in negotiation both internally and externally.
- Ideally knowledgeable or familiar with Oracle Finance system or any other P2P systems
- Working at a Senior Buyer level or a role of a similar level within procurement for at least 1 year.
How to apply:
To discuss the Senior Buyer in more depth please contact Rahim Ali Ahmad at Procurement Heads by emailing your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 7387 102095. Enquiries are all handled confidentially.