A company with a goal to change the face of their industry, with a pioneering product base, are seeking a Senior Buyer for their team in West Sussex.
Joining the company at an exciting time this Senior Buyer will be involved in a range of projects. The company are known to think outside of the box and this role calls for someone who’s not afraid to mix things up.
As Senior Buyer you are responsible for implementing a sourcing strategy across indirect spend categories. You will use your innovative nature to drive efficiencies and ultimately deliver cost savings. You will act as a true brand ambassador, managing relationships with suppliers and a wider stakeholder group.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Working across; Spend Analysis, Cost Negotiations, Stakeholder mapping and engagement, Supplier Mapping and Review, Project identification, management and deployment with Stakeholders, Contract development and negotiation to conclusion, Supplier relationship management
- Working Cross functionally to deliver cost savings
- Present innovative ideas to drive efficiency
- Budget development and management activities
- Performance reporting
Skills and Experience Required:
This role would suit somebody with a category management background and experience of indirect sourcing processes. You will be confident in building strong relationships with suppliers with the ability to manage their performance accordingly. Ideal experience that we are looking for is as follows;
- Experience within a blue-chip purchasing/FMCG/ indirect buying environment.
- Experience of Indirect sourcing processes, data management and contract management
- Experience of Supplier Management and Innovative business solutions desirable
- Budgetary development and control
- Capability to build strategy
- Ability to manage supplier performance
- Strong cultural awareness with the ability to develop and maintain strong effective relationships
- Stakeholder Management skills
- Experience of dealing with Senior Level Management
- Demonstrably high level of personal integrity and performance ethic.
- Flexibility to travel when required
- CIPS membership desirable
In addition to a competitive salary we are offering a range of excellent rewards and benefits, including –
- Flexible working pattern
- 5% non-contributory pension plan
- 23 days holiday
- 3 days a year to volunteer in the local community
- 50% staff discount and access to product sample sales
- Various online discounts / deals through benefits scheme
- Financial contribution towards your wellbeing and personal development
To discuss this role in more depth please contact Sophie Cook at Procurement Heads on 01962 869 838. Sophie is managing this role on an exclusive basis. All enquiries are handled on a confidential basis.