A company leading the way in the healthcare industry with an innovative product base. Supplying on a global scale this manufacturer of high spec software and equipment is constantly evolving and diversifying.
As a result, the business is continuous in their search for talented and motivated people who want to make a real difference through the work that they do.
As Senior Buyer you will join an established team and contribute to key sourcing decisions across the direct material spend. The Senior Buyer will input into the global category management led strategy, alongside the wider Procurement team.
As Senior Buyer you will:
- Supplier management; monitoring performance, managing supplier relationships to continuously improve efficiencies, engage new suppliers and establish strong working relationships
- Manage end-to-end sourcing processes, including negotiations and contract management activities across direct spend categories
- Ensure procurement best practice at all times
- Support and promote good teamwork in the department and act in line with the company Values
- Benchmarking activities covering categories/ sites/ products/ suppliers
- Conduct cost analysis to drive improvements and realise savings opportunities
Key experience required:
We are looking to recruit an experienced Buyer with strategic ability and knowledge of direct spend categories. Further skills and experience required are as follows –
- Strong work ethic and track record of success
- Degree educated (Engineering, Science, Business Admin) or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- CIPS is desirable
- Strong interpersonal skills
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a company making a difference. Please apply with an up to date CV today, or call Sophie on 01962 869838 for more information.