Procurement Heads' Industrial team is partnering with this leading technology organisation that provides critical support to the UK's infrastructure.
Procurement Heads’ Industrial team is recruiting Senior Buyers for this leading technology firm across their highways and rail teams.
As Senior Buyer your key responsibilities will be:
- Delivery of a structured sourcing and fulfilment strategy targeted to deliver significant efficiencies and cost savings, demonstrating value
- Sourcing process, negotiation and contracting activities for high-value categories
- Evaluation of suppliers as part of supplier on-boarding process and implementation of the procurement strategy
- Responsible for negotiation of flow-down terms for non-complex agreements
- Responsible for ongoing supplier performance and supplier relationship management throughout the contract lifetime
Much of the role is project related, so there is variety in the role and an ability to build resilient supply chains to achieve consistency through each individual project.
This role reports to the Head of Procurement whom you will support in delivering departmental objectives.
Qualifications and experience:
- Technical qualification or studying towards CIPS qualification is desirable
- Proven experience in procurement processes within a project environment
- Ability to manage multiple processes
- Experience with Oracle is desired
- Competence in Microsoft 365 and Excel is essential
Benefits of the Senior Buyer roles we are recruiting:
- 25 days leave
- Flexible benefits
- Flexible working – 4 days per month in the office max
- Work from Warwickshire, London or Surrey