A leading design to manufacture company is expanding their team and recruiting a new Senior Buyer.
The company specialise in bespoke designs used across the aerospace and defence industry.
You will be the main representative of procurement across two sites where they produce small quantities of very high value and intricate designs across motion and thermal areas.
Reporting to the Director of Supply Chain you will lead on cost saving initiatives and strategies to implement a more efficient procurement function.
There is a clear line of progression in this position and the role has scope to become managerial in the next year if the right candidate owns these responsibilities.
As Senior Buyer you will be responsible for:
- Implement supply chain KPIs and targets with clear time plans
- Develop and manage the operational excellence material cost reduction time plans in line with company targets
- Develop strategic relationships with current suppliers
- Identify new supplier opportunities, with improved focus on low cost regions
- Ensure key relationships are built with internal and external stakeholders
- Improve supplier selection processes and manage all risk mitigation and supplier development or reduction plans
- Negotiate improved terms and conditions for the business, including payment, stocking, kitting and delivery plans
- Rationalise Supplier base with improved spend by combining all sites through active commodity management
- Support improvements in supplier on-time delivery process / capacity audits and action plans
- Support operational purchasing team in relation to product flow, obsolescence and last time buys as required
The company is looking for bright and capable individuals that have come from aerospace/defence/manufacturing/nuclear industries.
They need someone with the ability to read technical drawings and understand complex manufacturing and procurement.