Procurement Heads' Consumer team is recruiting a Sales & Marketing Business Partner for a PE-backed technology company in Reading.
The company, which leads in the automotive industry, has a shore footing and controls 70% of UK market shares.
Highly acquisitive, it has acquired six businesses in the last 12 months and has plans to nearly double in size over the next three years.
Having been carved out of a larger multinational US business two years back, the company has been operating with no formal procurement function.
Consequently, the company’s £120m spend has been largely ungoverned until now.
Recruiting a new Head of Procurement six months back, he is taking a Category Management approach and making three new hires to look after technology, marketing and professional services.
As Sales & Marketing Business Partner you will manage the sales and marketing category, sitting at the table with your respective business unit leaders to embed and align procurement strategy.
You will need to be super creative in your risk-mitigating and cost-saving initiatives and magnetic in your stakeholder management.
As Sales & Marketing Business Partner you will be responsible for:
- Managing the ‘cradle-to-grave’ procurement process for your domain, from requirements gathering and definition, through to tendering, supplier evaluation and selection, contract negotiation and award.
- Contribute and further develop a deep understanding of the marketing markets to help guide and support your stakeholders, and contribute category insights in order to influence current and future strategies.
- Develop and demonstrate an acute awareness of the business’ priorities, which often go beyond mere cost-savings, to being able to leverage wider commercial benefits for the company through risk mitigation, strategic vendor partnerships, etc.
- Preparation of all the necessary sourcing documentation, including RFIs, RFPs, ITTs, tender evaluation reports and contract documents. Ensure processes are run transparently and a robust audit trail is maintained.
- Ensure supplier governance and performance management is embedded in appropriate contracts to promote a continuous improvement and risk management culture; and manage regular contract review meetings with suppliers in accordance with agreed KPIs/SLAs
This role requires someone that isn’t intimidated by a lack of process. This is a greenfield project so someone with experience in a PE or transformation environment would be beneficial.
Benefits of the Sales & Marketing Business Partner role include:
- 12% bonus
- Private medical
- Health cash plan
- 7% pension contribution
- Life insurance