About the role:
A driven and ambitious FTSE 250 business certified as a UK top employer is currently undergoing a significant procurement transformation, to drive efficiencies across the enterprise; as such it is recruiting a brand-new Risk and Compliance Team Leader.
This role will join the Procurement Centre of Excellence to identify, assess, and mitigate risks in the supply chain, with a focus on supplier compliance.
Leading the compliance team, the role holder will work with key stakeholders across the business and suppliers, ensuring the supplier compliance meets existing and future business needs through audits, measures and management of accreditations, certifications and financial health.
This will include the development of a plan to meet the supplier compliance & risk KPIs for the business, optimise supplier data maintenance and reporting, and providing guidance/training to wider teams to ensure consistent communication of expectations and standards are maintained.
You should be capable of acting as an SME in current and updated legal and regulatory risks and guidance as well as monitoring contractual, legislative, regulatory and industry-specific compliance frameworks.
As a procurement function, the culture is simple: collaborative, accepting and driven. With transformation high on the agenda, employees are encouraged to be creative, have an opinion and are given the independence and support to make a real difference to the organisation, its clients and their own career.
This hybrid role allows remote work and offers flexibility between their primary office locations in Bristol, Birmingham, London, and Manchester.
- Develop strong relationships with business stakeholders to ensure current frameworks are meeting the needs of the business
- Managing updates and communications to ensure ongoing supplier engagement is meeting business standards
- Support Risk Management MI reporting by reporting supplier performance and progress against key team KPIs
Key Skills & Experience:
- The ideal candidate will have experience working within the Procurement, Supply Chain, Engineering or Construction industries in a hands-on risk and/or compliance role
- People management experience not essential but desirable,
- Successful in liaising with a wide range of stakeholders internally and externally as well as being able to communicate complex information to stakeholders at all levels.
- Analytical with a continuous improvement mindset and the agility to support a procurement function in transition
- A creative problem solver with the ability to diagnose and resolve issues and experience in project management
- A good level of understanding of Microsoft Office, reporting tools and P2P systems such as SAP and Coupa are desirable and can be trained
- Up to £45,000 salary
- 25 days annual leave
- Life assurance
- Private Healthcare
- Matched Pension