A leading Aerospace organisation with CIPS platinum status is recruiting a Supply Chain Best Practice, Risk & Resilience Manager.
Reporting into the Head of Best Practice, the Supply Chain Best Practice, Risk and Resilience Manager will be responsible for taking the lead on identifying and managing emerging risks as well as ensuring existing risks are managed with appropriate control measures. You will be the focal point for the business to channel risk requirements through to the supply chain, and co-ordinate the company approach to supply chain risk management so that it can better identify, quantify and mitigate supply chain risk.
The Supply Chain Best Practice, Risk and Resilience Manager will also work with other organisations and specialists to ensure that the supply chain risk management approach is comprehensive and adopts good industry practice and drives continuous improvement. You will be principle owner of the supply chain process set, driving continuous improvement in efficiency and effectiveness.
You will also handle compliance to agreed risk frameworks, and have the opportunity to continually review and enhance Supply Chain governance, policies and processes through application of industry best practice.
As Supply Chain Best Practice, Risk and Resilience Manager your key responsibilities will be:
- Own the definition and implementation of an end to end supply chain risk framework and associated governance, process and tools to reduce overall supply chain vulnerability
- Develop and lead an effective supply chain risk reporting methodology to enable measurement of compliance and identification of gaps and issues
- Work closely with Supply Chain and other internal teams to ensure that key internal controls are identified, embedded and maintained
- Run the coordination of end to end supply chain risk and audit activity (including the use of external auditors) across both internal and supplier organisations
- Develop and maintain an effective external network to identify relevant supply chain best practice, using it to enhance Supply Chain governance, processes and tools
- Build and develop strong, collaborative internal and external relationships at all levels, to provide support and guidance, champion supply chain risk management and best practice and optimise end to end supply chain risk and process performance.
- Lead or actively support general supply chain projects and initiatives as required.
Skills and experience required:
- A Supply Chain & Procurement professional with extensive experience in supply chain processes and risk management.
- Qualified to Degree/MBA level with membership of a meaningful professional body (e.g. CIPS).
- Strong leadership, communication and senior partner management skills.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills, including project management.
- Confirmed knowledge and skill in:
- Supply chain risk frameworks, tools, interventions and reporting.
- Leading cross-functional teams and projects.
- Delivery of process re-engineering and performance improvement.
- Within “blue chip” & FTSE 100 companies.
- Regulated business requirements.
Benefits of the Supply Chain Best Practice, Risk and Resilience Manager role include:
- Up to £71,000
- 26 days leave (rising to 28 after 1 year of service)
- Healthy contributory DC pension scheme
To discuss the Supply Chain Best Practice, Risk and Resilience Manager role in more depth please contact Hayley Packham at Procurement Heads by emailing your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0) 7780 043 157 | +44 (0) 1962 869838. Enquiries are all handled confidentially.