Procurement Heads is delighted to be retained by Marr Procurement; a growing SME Procurement Consultancy that has been awarded for its non-profit work.
Marr Procurement specialises in various areas of procurement consultancy, with a particular focus on the public and care sectors.
Having seen unprecedented growth in 2022, Marr Procurement is excited to be expanding its resourcing team with this Resourcing Consultant role.
Reporting directly to the Head of Resourcing, you’ll be responsible for the ongoing delivery of recruitment and temporary labour projects for Marr Procurement’s clients in the care sector.
Founder and MD Christoph Marr started Marr Procurement in 2015 with the ambition to create a procurement business that operates with integrity and always puts clients first.
The business is truly values-led from the top down.
In 2021, Marr Procurement was proud to be awarded Small Business of the Year at the Lloyds Bank National Business Awards, following a strong year of growth, despite giving all their PPE profits in 2020 to social care organisations.
When building the team, Marr Procurement seeks extraordinary people with a passion for procurement.
This has led to an exceptionally high-performing team environment with a high drive to succeed but not in an aggressive way.
Currently seeing phenomenal demand and with no signs of slowing down, there is already a clear development pathway for this role into 2023 and beyond and you’ll be given the support and guidance necessary to succeed.
Always recognising achievements, the team gets together for regular social events, with recent outings including speedboat trips down the Thames, dinner at Michelin star restaurants and VIP boxes at the O2.
Marr Procurement operates an output-focused work culture through an agile, flexible working policy. This role will be contractually based from home with the ability to travel to London and to client sites a few times a month and this cost is covered by the business.
As Resourcing Consultant your key responsibilities will be:
- Initially supporting the delivery of ongoing client projects relating to recruitment and temporary labour, with a view to quickly taking ownership of individual assignments
- Continued enhancement of a series of existing processes to ensure robust and consistent client delivery and service across the team, and across all projects
- Liaising with in-house teams to deliver cost reduction assessments and spend data analysis (overseeing data analysts baselining client spend data)
- Building rich and effective client and association relationships, and supporting the wider business in matrix upsell opportunities to other categories
- Developing a network of relationships across the Resourcing client base and supply chain network
- Day-to-day communication within the Resourcing team and with clients
Key skills and experience for the Resourcing Consultant role:
- Procurement and commercial experience relating to HR, preferably recruitment and temp labour
- Knowledge and/or experience of all key strategic and operational aspects of HR
- Understanding the temporary and permanent recruitment market and relevant legislations (e.g. conduct regulations, AWR), recruitment frameworks and Public Regulations is desirable
- Ability to engage with and influence HR and senior stakeholders within clients
- Prior knowledge of the HR supply chain and existing relationships will be an advantage
- Background of personally delivering actual saving outcomes in complex environments
- A clear, concise communicator and presenter
- A positive, can-do attitude and ability to work individually or within a team across client projects
- Excellent personal organisational skills and attention to detail
- Commercial outlook (return on investment of all activities and initiatives)
- Comfortable working under pressure within short timelines
- Track record of building engaging and trusting relationships, both internally and externally
- A keen interest in the Marr Procurement business, a professional attitude, and a desire to play a key role in supporting the growth and development of an SME consultancy
Benefits of the Resourcing Consultant role include:
- Competitive salary: £50-60,000, depending on experience and skills.
- 25 days holiday, excluding bank holidays
- Statutory pension (via Nest)
- Flexible working (including all relevant assets to perform your role)
- Opportunity to be part of the exciting growth of an SME Procurement consultancy
- Access to exciting and varied procurement projects, learning and network opportunities
- Training investments (relevant to the role)